Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner ideas for a single mother with a 2 year old

• 29-10-2010 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

As the title says i'm looking for dinner ideas for a single mother (who works full time) with a 2 year old.

Meals that half can be eaten on the day and half frozen for another day would be useful. Or meals that can be dinner today and lunch tomorrow ... things like that :)

Thanks everyone ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

My daughter is nearly 2 and she is a great eater thank God. Things like spag bol and lasagna are great as there is plenty left over for lunches and they freeze well. Mild curries is another fav, any left overs are usually froozen again and taken out the night before they are needed. A big pot a stew with lots of veg is lovely as its even tastier the next day.
    She also loves fish and baby spuds with some froozen veg. Very quick and easy to make. I eat alot of stir fries too and she mops up the veg both cooked and raw, when I begin chopping the veg in preperation she runs over looking for a piece of pepper or carrot to chew on.
    The odd occassion she has waffles, fish fingers/chicken nuggets and beans if Im working late and dont feel like really cooking. :o

I hope this gives you some ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

When my girls were younger they loved nothing better than noodles (the fresh ones you can do in the Wok). I used to add veg and chicken - very speedy. I used to take their ones out and plate them before adding spicy flavours to mine.

The other thing we all love (still) is ham, cabbage and potatoes - the following day I used to mix them all up together and create our own Bubble and Squeak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Shepherds Pie, Lasagne, Soups, Stews, Casseroles, homemade meatballs or burgers.

I'm a vegetarian so sometimes I make Chickpea or vegetable burgers and they freeze well.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

a stew would be handy. spag bol, lasagne

my little guy loves a soft boiled egg some times for dinner and dunk toast in.

boil a pot of spuds - have sausages and mash. then next day you could use left over spuds for a shepherds pie.

Advertisement