Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chillies in greenhouse

Options
  • 29-10-2010 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

There are a couple of chilli plants in the greenhouse, about 4-5ft tall, with many fruits on them.

The leaves are dying but the fruits haven't ripened yet.

Can anyone advise what to do with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

It might be a bit cold for them. I have mine indoors and they are still bright and healthy. They might also need a bit of feeding especially if the are producing fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

No point really, plant is starting to shut down with temp drop. You can still use them as green chillies and harvest them now, like peppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Take them out of the pots and hang them upside down. I do it with any green tomatoes left and they do ripen eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The chillis will ripen off the plant too. I'd pick them and leave them inside in a basket to ripen up.

What type of chillis are they?

Advertisement