Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24"Widescreen Monitor - is entry level good for gaming?

Options
  • 29-10-2010 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hey there all

Scanned the old posts but didn't see anything about monitors on the first few pages.

I know that brightness of 300+ is desirable and that dynamic contrast can be misleading but that regular contrast should be 1000:1. I also know that high ms response time is desirable.

Basically I've followed the guidelines here http://reviews.cnet.com/monitor-buying-guide/?tag=centerColumnArea1.0;buyAdvice

My question is this - is it all just a load of ****? I mean, I'm willing to spend approx €200 on a panel - is there really that much difference between the mainstream manufacturers? Videophile's would say yes, but for your average gamer, am I cool to just go with one of the sub €200 models off Komplett?

My only requirement is 24" widescreen as I am used to a "high" screen and just want to get more screen real estate for gaming - but I'd like to achieve this without buying a banger.

Anyone bought a nice 24" lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I have a lovely 23"

Samsung P2370

Abosolutely brilliant, 2ms response time means no ghosting.
    Don't know it's true contrast but it's a Samsung so it's more than likely 1000:1 or above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

All very well getting a 24" TFT but you do need the hardware grunt to power it. I have a BenQ 24"TFT that I bought a while ago but was the best around when I got it. But I paid alot of money but its still perfect, so if you have the GPU to make the most of it get it, also try to get one with the 1920x1200 res instead of the 1920x1080 or what ever......

http://www.trustedreviews.com/monitors/review/2006/09/13/BenQ-FP241W-24in-Widescreen-Monitor/p1

You get what you pay for TBH honest.....

Advertisement