Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween in Galway

Options
  • 29-10-2010 10:19am

Does anyone know if there is anything alternative happening in Galway this weekend? I mean haunted houses, ghost trips and the like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Besides the Aboo festival? Brigit's garden has a thing if you can get there, bit of a drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

biko wrote: »
    Besides the Aboo festival? Brigit's garden has a thing if you can get there, bit of a drive.

Do you have any information on the events that will be taking place at the Aboo festival? Would love to go to Brigit's Garden but just too far out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's all on their website
    http://www.thelatinquarter.ie
    Galway Abooo Halloween Festival - October 2010
    Friday 29th - The Demented Carnival

The weekend kick off with i Radio broadcasting live from 'Ghoulway'. Then from 7pm to 10pm you are invited to the Demented Carnival for some scary shenanigans. It's all you might expect from a carnival with a Halloween Twist....
    Where: Throughout the streets of The Latin Quarter
    Time: 7pm to 10pm

Saturday 30th - The Monstrously Big Fancy Dress Party
    From 8pm to 10pm the you are invited to the biggest fancy dress party in the country! Join in the fun and get into costume and we will see you at the main bandstand on Cross Street. Our ghostly host will be giving out prizes galore for the most outrageous and downright scary.
    And be on the lookout for the 'Running of the Bins'....Think of Pamplona's famous running of the bulls festival. Now swap bulls for the City Bin Co's red wheelie bins & Spain for the Latin Quarter...got the idea?
    Where: Througout the streets of The Latin Quarter
    Time: 7pm to 10pm

Sunday 31st - Spooky Sunday
    Kids Fancy Dress Party
    Join us in Kellys Bar (upstairs) for the Big Little Fancy Dress Party. There will be loads of your fav halloween songs along with festive games. Come dressed as whoever or whatever takes hold of your imagination and we are looking for the best 'home-made' costumes!!!
    Where: Kellys Bar (Upstairs), Bridge Street
    Time: 2-4pm

Trick or Treat
    It's a family fun filled day with traditional party games and a trick or treat trail on the streets of the Latin Quarter.
    Where: The Streets of The Latin Quarter
    Time: 2pm until 5pm

Michael Jackson Thriller Video
    Where: The Spanish Arch
    Time: 5.30pm

Samhain - The Spooky Story of Halloween
    Straight after The Michael Jackson's Thriller the Spanish Arch is the venue for Samhain - The Spooky Story of Halloween.
    Where: The Spanish Arch
    Time: 6pm

biko wrote: »
    It's all on their website
    http://www.thelatinquarter.ie

... the one place I didn't think to check. Seems kinda obvious, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

was out in brigits garden for halloween last year with my little brother
    twas lovely would def recommend it for anyone with kids

Advertisement