Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords refuse voucher

Options
  • 29-10-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

I have an axa voucher, that says I can obtain 15% off anything in Halfords, except sat navs and Apple products.

It does not mention any other exclusions.

I rang and asked can it be used on sale items which I was, and am still told yes.

Had my eye on a bike, not on sale ,625 euro. This weekend they have 10% off all bikes which brings the price down to 562,50 Euro. So I ring up to order it and mention my axa voucher, then they tell me it's one or the other, not both?

I say''but you said I can use the voucher on sale items'' to which they still insist I can..they say you can use the voucher 'against the ticket price, even if its on sale'' , ''but not on this 10% off deal''.

I say ''so I can use the voucher on sale items'' to which they say ''yes'', then I say, ''so isn't the bike on-sale for the weekend, as it's 10% off''' to which I'm told ''no its not on sale , its just a special offer''.

Pissed off. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A special offer is not the same as a sale. They can decide what's included in voucher conditions, and what's excluded. It's common for any business to only allow 1 discount to be applied to any item. This 10% off is one discount, your 15% voucher is a 2nd, so you can't get the two discounts at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

jor el wrote: »
    A special offer is not the same as a sale. They can decide what's included in voucher conditions, and what's excluded. It's common for any business to only allow 1 discount to be applied to any item. This 10% off is one discount, your 15% voucher is a 2nd, so you can't get the two discounts at the same time.

If something has 10% off for the general public, is it not on sale?

I can totally understand if I went in saying 'I'm an axa customer and want my 15% off, and oh, my company have a deal with your company, we employees get 10% off, so Ill take 25% off , thanks''- I would expect there , that it's one or the other.

However, the fact that the voucher can be used on 'sale items', and the bike having 10% off is not counted as a 'sale item' coupled with the fact the voucher only mentions the 2 exclusions I mentioned in my OP, I think makes it misleading.

Even if the voucher said ''exclusions apply'', fair enough, but it doesn't it specifically says that is not redeemable against sat navs and iPods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 aksaxovtr

as above mate one or the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

@cojomo2 - A little off topic but have you considered buying the bike through the bike to work scheme? Could save you a whole lot more than 10/15%. linky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

@cojomo2 - A little off topic but have you considered buying the bike through the bike to work scheme? Could save you a whole lot more than 10/15%. linky

unfortunately, I can't- I'm self employed for the last few years, and I'm stuck in ridiculously expensive lease for another 2 years, and at the moment anything I take in goes to the landlord to pay rent(I owe nearly 100k:(), so I'm currently not being paid any wages/paying any tax-just living off savings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement