Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn.

Options
  • 29-10-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I didnt think id like quorn non meat sausages. I thought they looked like ass wrapped in clingfilm at first. But they were actually really good..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I recently used up some texturised whey protien that a veggie former housemate left behind in some spag bol and it did not taste like feet. Granted I had to put in two oxo cubes and a load of Worchestershire sauce to make it taste of anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm not a big fan of their suasages, but the chicken pieces are yummy.
    I'd take them over real chicken any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

the mince is also ..i recently made nachos using the mince coz my sister was visiting and is veggie, so i heated the tortilla chips in the oven then piled the chips into a big bowl, topped wtih mince (which id cooked with various bits and pieces) and grated cheese....under the grill to melt and serve wt home made guacamole and some sour cream!! delish
    i also use it for burritos and really like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I used it once and thought it was the most unnatural piece of gunk I ever tasted.

The word "vile" is an understatement. Never again - yeuck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

I love my meat but have recently started using quorn products cos they are lower in fat and I have to say I love them!! Yes I agree the mince and fillets taste of nothing on their own but if you had lots of seasoning they are lovely!!And the sausages are delicious, just as nice as normal sausages or if not nicer!!-and so low in fat!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

The broccoli and cheese escalopes are really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,424 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ohanloj3 wrote: »
    I love my meat but have recently started using quorn products cos they are lower in fat and I have to say I love them!! Yes I agree the mince and fillets taste of nothing on their own but if you had lots of seasoning they are lovely!!And the sausages are delicious, just as nice as normal sausages or if not nicer!!-and so low in fat!!
    Are you sure. I was under the impression that the fat/calorie content was really no better than lean meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

where can u buy quorn? thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

where can u buy quorn? thanks!
    You should be able to buy them in your local supermarket, Dunnes, Tesco, Supervalu all have them and I'm sure you'd get them in any other bigish store. You can also get them in health food shops :)

I love the mince. I don't really like the taste of real mince, but I love Lasagna and Spag Bol etc, tried this and loved it. I use it all the time and when I cook for people they always compliment it, and are always surprised to discover it's Quorn! Dunnes also do a nice veggie mince.

Used to be veggie, have to say I thought the chicken pieces were like cardboard, liked the sausages and loved the burgers! The rashers wern't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Mellor wrote: »
    Are you sure. I was under the impression that the fat/calorie content was really no better than lean meat.

No quorn definitely is lower on fat so my dietician tells me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,502 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ohanloj3 wrote: »
    No quorn definitely is lower on fat so my dietician tells me!!

Contrary to popular belief, premium mince (5% fat) is nearly as low fat as quorn mince (2% fat).

Advertisement