Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any news?

• 29-10-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

This place is quite lately, anyone any news? Any new purchases on the horizon?

I'm on the hunt for new gear, need to change the whole lot, only thing thats in good condition at the moment is my back protector!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

New gear?

Buying a Shark S900 next week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

KamiKazi wrote: »
    New gear?

I have a Shark. Paid a bit of do-re-mi for it too. Fixtures and fitting leave a lot to be desired, IMO.

cantdecide wrote: »
    I have a Shark. Paid a bit of do-re-mi for it too. Fixtures and fitting leave a lot to be desired, IMO.

Had a Shark RSR2 until up a few months ago when I introduced it to some road :D Fantastic lid IMO, and seemed to be made to a higher quality than a lot of Arai and Shoei lids I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

24th of November is licence derestriction day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

New gear?

Completely unrelated, but you weren't happening to be heading up South William Street yesterday evening roughly around 6ish?

I saw the blue curvy and from what I remember of the reg it looked like
    http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad239/kluniq/78415b19.jpg.

If it was you, presumably you got the exhaust fixed!

• Advertisement

Yes I was :)

Yup chopped the exhaust, and made a nice stubby out of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I still have the Pan European pannier that I found on the Rock Road Blackrock a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

New gear?

I was thinking of a shoei xr1100

jameshayes wrote: »

Bit of a Shark fanboy meself :o

Have a look here, some good deals http://www.cottermc.com/webshop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=116

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Bit of a Shark fanboy meself :o

Have a look here, some good deals http://www.cottermc.com/webshop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=116

the visorshop & cotters seem to be doing the best deal on it, need to russel the money together!

• Advertisement

I have the xr1000 myself and am delighted with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Yes I was :)

Yup chopped the exhaust, and made a nice stubby out of it :D

You'll forgive me not waving hello so, but I heard it coming up from the bottom of the street and said, ooh Ducati ? no, not enough treble tap tap tap, VTR/Aprilia? no, not raspy enough, SV? possible but doesn't sound big enou.... aah, small curvy... Hey, that reminds me of Kamikazi's one must remember that tomorrow.

So, yeah, in the spirit of the thread, Have an XR1000 and tempted by the XR1100.

nereid wrote: »
    You'll forgive me not waving hello so, but I heard it coming up from the bottom of the street and said, ooh Ducati ? no, not enough treble tap tap tap, VTR/Aprilia? no, not raspy enough, SV? possible but doesn't sound big enou.... aah, small curvy... Hey, that reminds me of Kamikazi's one must remember that tomorrow.

It does sound pretty sexy if I do say so myself :p

Clocks change this weekend! Another few months now of commuting in darkness :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I have the xr1000 myself and am delighted with it!

I have an XR1100, and it is a good helmet.
    Good fit, quiet, pin lock and light.

It is just a bit wet at the moment from the trip home.
    But, riding in the rain cleans all the bugs off*.

*you have to ride fast to clean it in the rain.

P.C. wrote: »
    *you have to ride fast to clean it in the rain.

Bummer, how'd you manage it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Bummer, how'd you manage it so?

One day, when you learn to keep up, you will find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

This place is quite lately, anyone any news? Any new purchases on the horizon?

I'm on the hunt for new gear, need to change the whole lot, only thing thats in good condition at the moment is my back protector!

Same here. All needs to be replaced. Got new jacket, trousers and winter gloves in hein gericke yesterday. I could do with a new helmet too and my boots aren't 100% waterproof. Expensive business when you get all your gear together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Speaking of news...on my way home down George's Street (Dublin) at about 6:15pm on Saturday. Taxi driver decides to do that delightful manoeuvre where he indicates as he's already begun to pull into my (right-turn) lane. Gardai took about 45 mins to get there so there was quite the crash scene on the street. Not hurt, thankfully.

He admitted to the gardai that (a) he was the one changing lane and that (b) he didn't see me. So I'm hoping he's found to be at fault.

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    Speaking of news...on my way home down George's Street (Dublin) at about 6:15pm on Saturday. Taxi driver decides to do that delightful manoeuvre where he indicates as he's already begun to pull into my (right-turn) lane. Gardai took about 45 mins to get there so there was quite the crash scene on the street. Not hurt, thankfully.

He admitted to the gardai that (a) he was the one changing lane and that (b) he didn't see me. So I'm hoping he's found to be at fault.

Sorry to hear lad. Glad you weren't sersiously hurt!

• Advertisement

Hope ya get sorted man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

did you go into the back of him or did he hit you side on?

My news is a possible new bike next week. Still trying to decide whether to spend money I shouldn't really be spending. I have a feeling new bike might win out over sense though.

...he indicates as he's already begun to pull into my (right-turn) lane...

The old 'indicator-is-only-some-kind-of-release-for-the-steering-wheel-and-should-be-ignored-just-like-the-mirrors' routine. I love that one. Classic.

Glad you're ok

clown bag wrote: »
    ..Still trying to decide whether to spend money I shouldn't really be spending...

Speaking as someone who works his b*lls off and has f*** all to show for it thanks to the economy, my advice is if you can do it and you want to do it - then do it.

God knows there are lots of things I'd have done when I had the choice to if I had any idea of where we were going.

I bags first drive...

clown bag wrote: »
    did you go into the back of him or did he hit you side on?

My news is a possible new bike next week. Still trying to decide whether to spend money I shouldn't really be spending. I have a feeling new bike might win out over sense though.
    Thank lads. He began pulling into my lane and I hit his front right wing.

Good luck with the new bike.

Thank lads. He began pulling into my lane and I hit his front right wing.

Good luck with the new bike.

How's the bike?

How's the bike?
    Broken clutch handle, badly scraped front left fairing, scratched engine case, completely twisted gear lever...otherwise ok. Balls of it is that I can't get it fixed until Quinn do their assessment which I reckon will take at least a few days. Could have been worse though (for both the bike and me).

Ah not too bad so, pain waiting on the insurance though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Were you on a silver Er6-f? Saw the aftermath alright, looked a lot nastier from afar then when we got up close. Best of luck with the repairs!

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Were you on a silver Er6-f? Saw the aftermath alright, looked a lot nastier from afar then when we got up close. Best of luck with the repairs!
    That was me! Have to say, all the bikers heading past were sound - lots asked if I needed help.

And the insurance company called yesterday. They've decided it was his fault - he pays for my new sh*t and my premium doesn't go up. Sweet!

Advertisement