Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any news?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    That was me! Have to say, all the bikers heading past were sound - lots asked if I needed help.

And the insurance company called yesterday. They've decided it was his fault - he pays for my new sh*t and my premium doesn't go up. Sweet!

Remember, helmets are a one use item, so get a nice new lid and any other gear that was damaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

That was me! Have to say, all the bikers heading past were sound - lots asked if I needed help.

And the insurance company called yesterday. They've decided it was his fault - he pays for my new sh*t and my premium doesn't go up. Sweet!

I know I'm a bit late but don't forget your more then entitled to claim for anything damaged in the crash. That includes helmet and gear. Even a 10 foot scrape along the ground could weaken your jacket for the next fall. The day I get hit I'm back on the road with new gear and replacement bike and charging for taxi's everywhere until I get both.

One minute late it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

I know I'm a bit late but don't forget your more then entitled to claim for anything damaged in the crash. That includes helmet and gear. Even a 10 foot scrape along the ground could weaken your jacket for the next fall. The day I get hit I'm back on the road with new gear and replacement bike and charging for taxi's everywhere until I get both.
    Thanks kawasaki and cuddlesworth. But can I ask: can I claim for something like a new helmet and gear even if there isn't obvious damage on it? Because I kind of pulled my legs up out of the way of the taxi as I was about to hit and then kept myself clear of the ground as the bike went to ground. I basically rolled onto the ground. In other words, there's no damage I can see to either helmet or jacket. So is there any real reason to claim for them?

Thanks kawasaki and cuddlesworth. But can I ask: can I claim for something like a new helmet and gear even if there isn't obvious damage on it? Because I kind of pulled my legs up out of the way of the taxi as I was about to hit and then kept myself clear of the ground as the bike went to ground. I basically rolled onto the ground. In other words, there's no damage I can see to either helmet or jacket. So is there any real reason to claim for them?

Yes, there doesn't have to be visible damage for it to be damaged.

And kawasaki? :O

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Yes, there doesn't have to be visible damage for it to be damaged.

And kawasaki? :O
    Hahahaha...whoops. Thinking of my bike, I guess :rolleyes:

As Kami says yes. You have no way of knowing the stress placed on the seams on your jacket, pants etc and how they will react to another accident. All Bike gear is recommended to be replaced by manufacturer after any incident. Especially Helmets, even if dropped from a small height. And if the assessor tries to pawn you off with second hand or devalued prices simply point out that you have no acceptable way to tell if second hand gear has also been crashed or abused. So the only option to provide gear to the same degree of safety is to have all of it replaced with new. Do some research and get the prices of all of it or equivalent models if they no longer stock it and give him the list and prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭rameire

think this should be renamed the banter thread.

ended up in the star today, for movember.
    never grown a tash before, just hate fuzz on the face, so painful to shave afterwards.
    all for a good cause though.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

rameire wrote: »

never grown a tash before, just hate fuzz on the face, so painful to shave afterwards.

Im doing the same this thing on my lip is driving me mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

yogidc26 wrote: »
    Im doing the same this thing on my lip is driving me mad :mad:

I wanted to do that, but I was a bit late this year.
    Hopefully next year.

I have never underlined my nose before. :p

• Advertisement

Lol, 26 and the best I could pull out is a knacker tash. Hell no was I signing up for movember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

cantdecide wrote: »
    Speaking as someone who works his b*lls off and has f*** all to show for it thanks to the economy, my advice is if you can do it and you want to do it - then do it.

God knows there are lots of things I'd have done when I had the choice to if I had any idea of where we were going.

I bags first drive...

picking up the bike tomorrow :pac:

anyone wanna bail me out with few 100 litres of home heating oil , I seem to have mis-placed my heating fund :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

Hoping I'll win the lotto and the first thing I'm getting is a Fireblade :)

clown bag wrote: »
    picking up the bike tomorrow :pac:

anyone wanna bail me out with few 100 litres of home heating oil , I seem to have mis-placed my heating fund :o
    Depends. Are you a bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kiddeh

EGOSHEA wrote:
    Depends. Are you a bank?

Haha brilliant :).... eh news.... hmmm

My brother is sorting out me his Honda Transalp 600 but it needs a bitta work... gettin the front brake clamps replaced and need to get some heat resistant paint on the exhaust then.... Also have to get a restriction kit in her which is a crying shame (Damn u RSA and your mission to keep people *cough* "Safer"!!!)

Can't remember what else needs to be done... but i'm chuffed :) its a lovely bike and the 1997 model which as far as bike entusiasts say is the best model because of the double brake disc introduction also i think the paint job is rather nice.... opinions???

*NOTE* not my bike but same in pretty much every way

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/Kiddeh/DSC05228.jpg

Good stuff, is it your first bike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kiddeh

the first one i own ye :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Damn cold biking weather at the moment, does anyone care to hazzard a guess as to how much colder it will get? (Trying to decide how well my current gear will manage - can't remember it being too bad last year apart from the snow)
    Bike is coming along well, got it back from the painters a few months ago after an off and delighted with the results. Also got new mini-indicators and a small reg. after my previous one hit the back wheel thanks to the DIY tail tidy and a suprise pot hole! Still not hapy with the front area around the headlights, want to sort that out over the xmas...

id say about -10c this month or December and down to -15c before the end of feb.
    could feel the cold a bit in the feet today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

id say about -10c this month or December and down to -15c before the end of feb.
    could feel the cold a bit in the feet today.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Snow forecasts for this weekend already!

And, I now have an unrestricted license! Gwan, gis a go on yer 'blade mate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I'm on the hunt for a late 1990's cbr 600 or a gsxr 600 - have max 1300 to spend... gonna be used as a winter bike (dont want my shiny 600rr to fall) and also for track days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

picked up a Kawasaki vulcan today. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

clown bag wrote: »
    picked up a Kawasaki vulcan today. :)

Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Hopin to get my funds sorted this week to get my first bike. If all goes to plan it will be a ninja 250, absolutely cant wait! Was lookin at gear in bikeworld and liked some of the RST gear, anyone have any experience with it/ opinions of it?

Anyone know if bikeworld will do January sales? Could try pick it all up together and save money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I've used the same RST leathers for the past 5 years and can't fault them. Used daily for commuting and all zips still in order.
    I wear a cycling jacket over it for the rain as the "ventilation" holes work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I lost the fecking key to my Blackbird :( That's my news. I've been looking for it for a week.

in the Star newspaper again today.
    im famous again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Hopin to get my funds sorted this week to get my first bike. If all goes to plan it will be a ninja 250, absolutely cant wait! Was lookin at gear in bikeworld and liked some of the RST gear, anyone have any experience with it/ opinions of it?

Anyone know if bikeworld will do January sales? Could try pick it all up together and save money...
    Bikeworld is generally considered well overpriced. Never had any dealings with them personally though.

Try cotters for comparison: http://www.cottermc.com/webshop/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Bikeworld is generally considered well overpriced. Never had any dealings with them personally though.

Try cotters for comparison: http://www.cottermc.com/webshop/index.php

Yeah after forum-stalking for a while I saw Cotters mentioned so I checked out their website. The pricing is great but the selection isnt as good. Anyone know if theres more in-store, or is that their full range?

Advertisement