Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any news?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Yeah after forum-stalking for a while I saw Cotters mentioned so I checked out their website. The pricing is great but the selection isnt as good. Anyone know if theres more in-store, or is that their full range?

It is the kind of place where you have to go there to see what they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

From the cotters' website, the closest to RST is the spidi, which to my recollection is more expensive.
    For what It's with I got my (and the OH's) sets in Kennedy's in drogheda. There are probably other places around, but I know people affiliated with the place so I want to be above board on my recommendations of the product as opposed to the vendor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yeah, you have to go there. They don' really update their site at all. Plus trying the gear on with online prices is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Yeah, cotters have bags of stuff instore... and you'll walk out with a deal if you're buying more than one thing, he's a great man for giving you money off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

cantdecide wrote: »
    I lost the fecking key to my Blackbird :( That's my news. I've been looking for it for a week.

Sorted. Finding it almost brought me to tears (of joy, like- not any of those other gay tears).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Anyone back out on two wheel's yet? I'm getting restless with this weather.

hobochris wrote: »

Was out yesterday and today. The ice is obvious and easy to avoid now on the side roads. Main roads are fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

hobochris wrote: »

Bike is stuck in the car park here, haven't a hope of getting out on to the road, and yes, I've tried :pac:

Getting rain here ATM so it might clear a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Not on it yet as it is like an ice rink at home. Snowing here at work, again!

Haven’t been on the bike in a month between snow and rain :( Looking forward to the annual toy run on Sunday and it looks like the weather is favourable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

sat on it in the garage and made brum brum noises

poxy snow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

RosieJoe wrote: »

Ehh, thanks.

On the plus side, I'm up 50 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Have many people been out on the bike early am on main roads the past few days?

clown bag wrote: »
    Have many people been out on the bike early am on main roads the past few days?

I have seen 1 other biker this week. A Dominos fella on a 50c Honda.

yeah, seen a few scooters about during the day alright.
    I'm cracking up getting buses to work the last couple of weeks. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'm cracking up getting buses to work the last couple of weeks. :(

Me too. I've a late-ish start tomorrow and the estate is starting to thaw so may give it a run if the road looks ok.

guess it depends estate to estate, but I dont think Im going anywhere - my roads like sheet ice... a really lumpy, rutted, scary sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭rameire

got back on the horse today, was nearly 2 weeks without a ride.

ah the lie-in was great.

roads are clearing up dramatically today.
    although i hit a large patch of ice on the M9 this morning, thankfully i was going at 120km so the bike kept on going straight.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    although i hit a large patch of ice on the M9 this morning, thankfully i was going at 120km so the bike kept on going straight.

will you still on it, I trust? :eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭rameire

yep, i stayed on it, but it gave me a wabble and a fright.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

In other news, guy who accurately predicted the first cold spell has said the next three weeks are going to be worse.

In other news, guy who accurately predicted the first cold spell has said the next three weeks are going to be worse.

I just want a few days next week to play with my new bike. All I did was drive it home from the shop 2 weeks ago then I got snowed in. :(

I just want a few days next week to play with my new bike. All I did was drive it home from the shop 2 weeks ago then I got snowed in. :(

Ah ffs :mad:

Sweet. Might finally get some snow in Cork. Sick of the rest of ye having all the fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Wossack wrote: »
    guess it depends estate to estate, but I dont think Im going anywhere - my roads like sheet ice... a really lumpy, rutted, scary sheet

Mine was like that,wasn't safe to take her out this morning. Gonna try tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

New bike was delivered from Dublin today! She spent the day getting Oil, Petrol, Battery Charging and general pampering. I should be gettin my arse on it tomorrow, no plates till january though so I'll have to make do with just looking, and drooling over it for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

New bike was delivered from Dublin today! She spent the day getting Oil, Petrol, Battery Charging and general pampering. I should be gettin my arse on it tomorrow, no plates till january though so I'll have to make do with just looking, and drooling over it for a bit.

Congrats! What you moving up from?

Congratumulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Congrats! What you moving up from?

First bike, didnt originally intend on getting a brand new bike, but once I had decided that I liked the Ninja 250 I found that most of the second hand ones werent that much cheaper than the price of a new bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Love the little ninja. First step on the way to a zx10 or 12r. Best of luck with it, and enjoy the motorcycling!

Advertisement