Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climbing Wall The Side Of your House Idea

Options
  • 29-10-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Was Thinking and said to myself what if you made a climbing wall at the side of your house.

Great way to keep up fitness and also its free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Great idea! Just buy the holds and bolt them on...

Was Thinking and said to myself what if you made a climbing wall at the side of your house.

Might I ask...are you married? ;)

My wife is a saint, in fairness, often dragged out to collect me somewhere in the depths of South Kerry after I've spent a day on the hills...but think she might draw the line at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I like this idea. Living in an apartment right now but if I ever own a home I'd definately do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Here's mine. It's hanging on a 9mm climbing rope and a 20mm sailing rope and a dynema sling. The climbing rope is more than enough though. It's made from 3 8ft X 4ft plywood boards attached to a 2x4inch plank frame, all varnished for protection. I used 3/4 inch but 5/8 is plenty for indoors. There's about 200 t-nuts and about 90 holds on it at the moment. If you're looking for t-nuts, there's a guy in Tyrone who sells them on ebay. Lemme know if you need a link.

bwall.jpg

Advertisement