Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UPC upgrade process

• 29-10-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    UPC had replaced all of the old wires around my area, they said that they would provide broadband to us soon. Yesterday and today they were around removing the old wire from this thing http://img.alibaba.com/photo/208804043/CATV_Outdoor_Tap.jpg
    and cutting the new wire and putting it into it.
    Does anyone know how long it will now be before broadband will be available or if you were recently upgraded. how long it took after this time for them to offer broadband to you.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Hi,
    UPC had replaced all of the old wires around my area, they said that they would provide broadband to us soon. Yesterday and today they were around removing the old wire from this thing http://img.alibaba.com/photo/208804043/CATV_Outdoor_Tap.jpg
    and cutting the new wire and putting it into it.
    Does anyone know how long it will now be before broadband will be available or if you were recently upgraded. how long it took after this time for them to offer broadband to you.

Thanks

Depends.. it was about 5-6 weeks after they done something similar to my parents house before they got a call from them offering broadband etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I remember when the re-cabled my area, and I think it was a few months before the "To the Resident" letters started to arrive, offering broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

4-6 weeks.
    Dont bother waiting for the letters though.
    They won't go out for a week or so after the service is available.
    Best option would be to wait a month and call them and see if it's set up yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You can also check their online address checker too - that's how I discovered it was available in my estate after they upgraded during August

I was in Drumcondra when the cables were replaced in October 2008. I knew when the new system was commissioned as Discovery, Channel 4 and E4 were removed from their old channels. The broadband was available by late November, I had it installed and activated on the 24th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement