Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€45,000 price 'a steal'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

WITH a price tag of just €45,000 it is one of the cheapest houses in the country.

But while it may appear at first glance to be a steal, the Limerick house just on the market has one major drawback: Wayne Dundon -- one of the country's most feared criminals -- lives next door.

While the country's property market may have collapsed, no buyer has been willing or brave enough to purchase the small home on Lenihan Avenue, Prospect, Limerick.

I laughed when I read this in the paper earlier. €45 grand is about 35 more than that house is worth right now. To me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Way overpriced! :p

In 2005, there were houses on sale in St Marys Park for 25k.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,520 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Gardai should buy it and use it as a Garda Station, great location, great price and should be in with the action. Costs less than one of those fancy Volvo ERU cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

meglome wrote: »
    I laughed when I read this in the paper earlier. €45 grand is about 35 more than that house is worth right now. To me anyway.

I'd pay about 300 for it, tops!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ConnectDJs

:D

Class, I can't think of anywhere nicer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

i'm assuming it's not the house on the left of that pic :)

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

THERES always cheap houses going in certain estates in limerick, but would you want to live there.i doubt if the locals would welcome a lot of outsiders coming in to buy cheap houses.You can buy a house in detroit for 20k, because jobs are scarce ,industry is leaving the city .Most people live in area x because its close to work and family/friends. You could buy an old house in the country for a reasonable price in a safe area, or look at apartments,
    there were apartments going for 50k in mullingar 3 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Those are some big front gardens.

Advertisement