Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieving contacts from broken phone

Options
  • 29-10-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I let my SE W995 mobile fall today and smashed the screen. Im gutted. I was planning on getting a HTC Desire for xmas but ended up getting it a little while ago.

Anyway I thought I had my contacts copied onto my sim but turns out I dont. They are only copied onto the phone memory.

If I connect my SE phone to my laptop is there a program I can download that I can retrieve all my contacts (and perhaps messages) from and then put them on the PC and then put onto my HTC?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes, you can download it from the SE site. You also could get the screen replaced and the info will be still their if its only a cracked screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I recommend using My Phone Explorer (http://www.fjsoft.at/en/). It's not as "bloated" as the SE software, plus it'll do exactly what you need.

What you might need to do is when you connect the phone to the PC via USB is unlock the screen and select an option that appears. "Phone Mode" is the option you want, I think it's usually the default so you should only have to unlock and press select.

Advertisement