Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant?

Options
  • 29-10-2010 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Has anyone any recommendations for a good place to have an evening meal in the county. Don't fancy doing to town so maybe the Athenry, Loughrea, Craughwell Clarinbridge area would be handy. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

There's one in Miltown, heard great reviews about it. Ate there once after a funeral, can't remember the name but according to google it may well be Finns Restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lavaghball

Cheers trad. might be a bit far on a scummy evening like today, but will keep it in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

There's an Italian restaurant in Loughrea called Il Porcetto - authentic Italian food and probably the best you'll get - yummy yummy yummy and very good value. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

bubbaloo wrote: »
    There's an Italian restaurant in Loughrea called Il Porcetto - authentic Italian food and probably the best you'll get - yummy yummy yummy and very good value. Enjoy!

Is that the one that was another Italian restaurant before (if you know what I mean), can't remember the name of it now. Is it new owners because when it was the Italian before I never thought the food was that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Il Porcetto is across from the Main Street carpark, they do takeaway too, pizza and pasta for €18. Food is great and so are the staff, great restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Oh yes, I do know where you mean, I was thinking of the other Italian up the other end of town which has changed names but I don't know if it's changed owners as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 magressa

the one on the pier in Barna..what is it called??? ok here it is http://www.ogradysonthepier.com/
    totally fab...
    cheers
    Mags

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

O'Grady's looks a bit fishy:D
    I've heard Paddy Burkes in Clairnbridge is very good. I would imagine it's a bit fishy also.
    The Raheen Woods Hotel in Athenry is as good as anywhere I've eaten. Not as fancy as some places but you get a decent meal at a decent price.

The New park Hotel also in Athenry is very good. Only really ate there for Sunday lunch but would imagine the evening meal would be as good.

The Oranmore Lodge is pretty good. Had an evening meal there once and was fine. Dining room was a bit dated but the food was good.

I'm not big into fancy stuff as long as it's edible. I have eaten in McSwiggins, Park House and White Gables recently and found the above to be just a good if not better and cheaper too.
    I'm not into fish incase you can't tell from the above:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

magressa, please don't bring back old threads to recommend businesses. It looks like you signed up to promote them with is a bannable offence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement