Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal Stadium Lusk

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Im not too sure though how we can go about pressurising the council to get the finger out. Iv never really gone about doing something like this so maybe some people would have some good ideas.

Well I suppose the first port of call is to local clinics that politicans hold and let them know how strongly you feel about the need for this facility, get your friends to go as well.

Then write a few letters to them, (politicans). Also write to Fingal C.C. and put your case forward for the development of the sports campus and the positive things it will do for all the community.

I usually go along the lines of kids involved in sport are more likely to stay out of trouble, drink less and not get involved in drugs and before anyone asks I dont have any facts just 30 years of involvment in Juvenile G.A.A and I also see what (all) sport has done for kids who might have otherwise went down the wrong path. Get all your friends to write too. The more letters they get from individuals the better rather than a letter signed by 10 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

LeoB wrote: »
    Well I suppose the first port of call is to local clinics that politicans hold and let them know how strongly you feel about the need for this facility, get your friends to go as well.

Then write a few letters to them, (politicans). Also write to Fingal C.C. and put your case forward for the development of the sports campus and the positive things it will do for all the community.

I usually go along the lines of kids involved in sport are more likely to stay out of trouble, drink less and not get involved in drugs and before anyone asks I dont have any facts just 30 years of involvment in Juvenile G.A.A and I also see what (all) sport has done for kids who might have otherwise went down the wrong path. Get all your friends to write too. The more letters they get from individuals the better rather than a letter signed by 10 people.

Cheers Leo. Im going to do that and I think others should too.

Ps. I like the little interview on Nationwide ;)

Cheers Leo. Im going to do that and I think others should too.

Ps. I like the little interview on Nationwide ;)

Nothing quite like a Paper trail.

Library looked great. Me picking out a book on financial markets:)

The politican I spoke to today gave me some background.

As we know the developer who is behind the Sporting Fingal team is now involved with N.A.M.A.

One of the things N.A.M.A. has stopped is anyone who is in their "Grip" dishing out big money in the form of sponsorship. This will have a huge effect on more than Sporting Fingal. So where does this all leave Sporting Fingal? Can this Gent afford to stump up out of his own personal money as opposed to his company or companies?

One thing someone mentioned to me after our chat was when Sporting Fingal was launched it was supposed to recruit from around Fingal but Eamon Zayeed, Glen Crowe and someone else were "got" or signed. I dont know any details but one Fingal Player took up a position with a bank during the year and is now playing part time with Shels? Pressley?

It would be great if Fingal C.C. can find someone to come in with sponsorship but I am unsure it will be enough. Look at what has happened to other clubs around the country over the past few years. Can we sustain a full-time league? Mind you Sporting Fingal are doing great work off the pitch also so fair play to them.

The Sporting Fingal Club and its supporters will have a busy winter I think and even as a G.A.A supporter I hope they succeed

The majority of the squad is from fingal and I think it was more a plan to promote fooballers from fingal as much as possible rather than a rule that couldnt be broken. Glen Crowe is from Blanch which is in Fingal.

I think it might be a worrying winter but I have faith that the club will cut its cloth accordingly and we can continue to build on what has been a very good 3 years. FAI Cup winners, promotion to the top flight of Irish football and just missing out on 3rd spot due to a last minute winner for Sligo (gits:mad:).

Hopefully we can get this facility built and have a home for the team/othersports and have something that the whole community could be proud off.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we can get this facility built and have a home for the team/othersports and have something that the whole community could be proud off.

That is the spirit that is needed.

The majority of the squad is from fingal and I think it was more a plan to promote fooballers from fingal as much as possible rather than a rule that couldnt be broken. Glen Crowe is from Blanch which is in Fingal.

I think it might be a worrying winter but I have faith that the club will cut its cloth accordingly and we can continue to build on what has been a very good 3 years. FAI Cup winners, promotion to the top flight of Irish football and just missing out on 3rd spot due to a last minute winner for Sligo (gits:mad:).

How naive was I :o

Anyway, just wondering was there any more news on this facility. I really hope that SF s demise hasnt hindered the building of the facility any further. It really would be a great facility for the community and a possible tennant other than fingal could be brought in.

Just wondering has anybody heard anything.

Will make a few enquiries over the week end but I would say this is gone for time being.

What a shame. Mind you the ground is there so it should be used. Its amazing what could happen IF people saw it being used and maybe a few dressing rooms which would not break the bank and over time develop it to original spec.

With money the F.A.I will recieve from U.E.F.A and I.R.F.U from W.R.C they could stump up some money to get it up and running even with only 2 pitchs shared among the clubs of N.C.D it would be a welcome addition.

Now I await for the list of reasons why we should not proceed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Will make a few enquiries over the week end but I would say this is gone for time being.

What a shame. Mind you the ground is there so it should be used. Its amazing what could happen IF people saw it being used and maybe a few dressing rooms which would not break the bank and over time develop it to original spec.

With money the F.A.I will recieve from U.E.F.A and I.R.F.U from W.R.C they could stump up some money to get it up and running even with only 2 pitchs shared among the clubs of N.C.D it would be a welcome addition.

Unfortunately, I think the FAI and IRFU have probably earmarked that money to make up the shortfall for Landsdowne Road / Aviva stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Firstly thanks for being positive here. But I am afraid that the stadium idea is gone the same way that Sporting Fingal went, wrecked by the same people who sank the club and according to my enquiries tied to their loss of face. There is of course the problem that Gannon has, but no other investor would touch the project with the people who overblew SFFC still around. Do you get me?

• Advertisement

Firstly thanks for being positive here. But I am afraid that the stadium idea is gone the same way that Sporting Fingal went, wrecked by the same people who sank the club and according to my enquiries tied to their loss of face. There is of course the problem that Gannon has, but no other investor would touch the project with the people who overblew SFFC still around. Do you get me?

Yes I get you ok.

However the concept for this is quite good for the whole community and should not be let die.

If the supporters got together and kept the name going by fielding a few juvenile teams and an adult team the dream stays alive. Who knows where it lead to in time.

Advertisement