Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Revision courses/ Grinds Schools

• 29-10-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Wondering what people's opinions on these are? Are they worth the money or are they a waste of time?

I'd be particularly interested in Leeson Street and Midland Tutorial Centre, Athlone? Any one have any info on either, especially the place in Athlone?

Thanks in advance.....

(BTW I'd be mainly concerned with honours English, but feel free to comment on all subjects:P)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Honestly, I'd say take a break over Christmas.
    There is a very long term ahead with Easter so late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

I'm debating between Yeats in Galway and the Institute in Dublin... Probably will go to Dublin..

Whether you decide to go or not at Christmas DON'T go at Easter. Easter is when you should be sorting out sections you're not happy with. You shouldn't be revising everything in minor detail at a grinds school...

I haven't heard great things about MTC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

My brother went to the institute on leeson street, said it was fairly good except for one or 2 subjects, cant remember which ones though . .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Tbh all of those courses are very expensive for the amount you get out of them. Your own directed study would work much better (if you can concentrate long enough during the holidays).

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ted9308

Was thinking of going to some of these..Do you get many notes..Are they really worth their money?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

It'd be way better if you can do it at home and invest the money in grinds during the year if needs be. Depends on your discipline really at the end of the day.

Advertisement