Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to 3 online

Options
  • 29-10-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am hoping to switch to 3 online and get the Desire for 99e (149e in store). How does porting your number to 3 online work? Has anyone ever done this before? It would probably be easier to just go into a shop but 50 quid is 50 quid.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ask in store, they'll probably meet you half way. For piece of mind and help moving numbers etc and if there's a fault with the phone it'll be a lot easier to get it in a store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You do get it slightly cheaper online but I went into a store when I was porting, it is just easier, in case anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Ahem, Who had a faulty with a phone they bought online and couldn't just walk into a store and return it for a new one recently?:rolleyes:

If there's a fault with a new phone in the first month which is common enough it's so much easier to just go back to the store. Online is a right royal pain in the ass when something goes wrong. You have a point of contact in store if there's a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Will the price of the desire drop, when they introduce the desire hd?

Might be work waiting couple of weeks, think they are releasing the hd version early november

• Advertisement

Should be out around the 15th, Prices usually change the start of each month.
    If I was due an upgrade right now and seen as I already have a working phone, i'd be mighty tempted by the Galaxy Tab, no idea why:o

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

How does porting online work? How do they manage to sync up you receiving the new sim and the switching of the network etc?
    Cheers

There's a few threads every week when this turns into a disaster, one person ordered off Vodafone online last week, was meant to have their phone last friday, Vodafone ported their number on Saturday and they didn't get the phone until the following wendsday.
    Most of the screaming posters on here have bought online.
    Seriously a shop is so much easier over online, Unless there's a huge saving it's not worth it for piece of mind and aftercare service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

Unless there's a huge saving it's not worth it for piece of mind and aftercare service.

I agree that ideally I would go through a shop. When I am ready to move (running through my pre-pay credit) I will see what the shop will do for me to close the gap to the online price. An extra charger/car charger or something like that might be sufficient.

Advertisement