Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive First Eircom Bill

Options
  • 29-10-2010 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

My parents switched to Eircom in August on their €53 per month call and next generation broadband package as their previous provider, Perlico, was rubbish, i.e. crap broadband and lousy customer service.

However, as of yesterday, they hadn't received their first bill from Eircom so my mother rang them and after pressing a dozen buttons on their call answering service, she finally got through to a customer representative. When she explained that she had yet to get a bill, the response was "thats not our fault, talk to your postman". She then asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that no one was not available.

This morning she finally received the first bill for €250 which included a connection charge of €150 which she was not told about when signing up for the service. Does she have to pay this seeing as its not mentioned in the contract that she signed nor was she told about it at any point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The 150 connection fee sounds wrong, usually this is only for new lines. but the bill for august till now should be about 200 euro as you would be billed for aug, sept ,oct and nov on this bill,if your billed every 2 months.

the connection could have been free if you sign up online, but they didn't.

the most usual mistake is the addition of a connection fee so could be a mistake

only way to find out is call them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

My mother phoned Eircom to ask where her bill was. The response was "Ask An Post!" and then he hung up.

The Bill arrives and she is charged for connection fee, all her calls etc despite her signing up to no connection charge, a call package that gives unlimited calls etc.

I rang them yesterday and after going through that hideous call answering service they use, I finally get to speak to an agent (Padraig). I tell him the problem, he puts me on hold for 3 minutes, comes back and tells me that he can't find out what my mother signed up to and then I get cut off.

I ring again, go through that fecking answering service and finally get someone called Mary. She puts me on hold and comes back to say that the bill my mother received was an error and that her correct bill should have been €202 for 4 months which I believe is the correct amount. However, Mary refused to reissue the correct bill and said I should just pay the amount that she just informed me of. Talk about shoddy practices. First we get two obnoxious agents and then after teh third agent tells us that Eircom has issued an incorrect bill, they refuse to issue a correct bill.

I used to be with Eircom and all this has reminded me of why I left them.

Is there someone I can complain to in Eircom or would I be wasting my time? Btw I've asked to speak to a supervisor on 2 occasions and was told that none was available. Do Eircom sub contract this service out to an independent company? If so they should be aware of the crap service they're paying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

My mother phoned Eircom to ask where her bill was. The response was "Ask An Post!" and then he hung up.

The Bill arrives and she is charged for connection fee, all her calls etc despite her signing up to no connection charge, a call package that gives unlimited calls etc.

I rang them yesterday and after going through that hideous call answering service they use, I finally get to speak to an agent (Padraig). I tell him the problem, he puts me on hold for 3 minutes, comes back and tells me that he can't find out what my mother signed up to and then I get cut off.

I ring again, go through that fecking answering service and finally get someone called Mary. She puts me on hold and comes back to say that the bill my mother received was an error and that her correct bill should have been €202 for 4 months which I believe is the correct amount. However, Mary refused to reissue the correct bill and said I should just pay the amount that she just informed me of. Talk about shoddy practices. First we get two obnoxious agents and then after teh third agent tells us that Eircom has issued an incorrect bill, they refuse to issue a correct bill.

I used to be with Eircom and all this has reminded me of why I left them.

Is there someone I can complain to in Eircom or would I be wasting my time? Btw I've asked to speak to a supervisor on 2 occasions and was told that none was available. Do Eircom sub contract this service out to an independent company? If so they should be aware of the crap service they're paying for.

i have had similar issues with eircom, and now if there is an issue i mail the CEO directly, issues get sorted then!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Ah yes, Eircom. Its fair to say they are probably the worst for customer service i've ever dealt with. I find Perlico an absolute dream in comparison. Like the OP, the sale rep I dealt with could not see that I didn't owe the amount that my latest bill stated as it included line rental up to the 12th November. And she wouldn;t put me onto a supervisor either.

I have made several attempts to contact Eircom for a full and final bill because I left them recently. I have not had one reply so far. I've since sent a letter to their complaints department so I'm awaiting a response.

I can safely say that I will never be an Eircom customer again. A shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭BillShorey

I used to be with Eircom and to be honest, they're a complete walk in the park to deal with compared to UPC, who I'm currently with.

UPC are the single worst customer service providers I've ever experienced and I cannot wait for my contract with them to run out. Dealing with them on any issue is like having someone rake spikes down your back for hours on end, it's an absolute pain.

Once you get up and running with Eircom it's pretty much smooth sailing. However, with UPC, their service is nowhere near as reliable so you'd find yourself dealing with them all too often, which is an absolute nightmare.

Enjoy the good times with Eircom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement