Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 aamurray

That will handle most diy jobs. The spare battery is handy too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I got a ROK 2 speed cordless 24V hammer drill with 2 batteries,carry case and various drill bits and screw bits for 45 euro in Woodies a while back.

It works a treat,even used a 650mm long 22mm masonary drill bit in it to drill a hole for an SWA cable in my cavity wall.

Most builders providers and large DIY shops are undercutting Argos by alot these days.

Argos isnt the cheapest anymore,so look around before you buy from Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

tbh, I've seen the ROK stuff in woodies and it looks like the cheapest of the cheap brand of stuff you can get. even worse than the argos stuff.

I do have a worx impact driver and its an animal of a yoke. It gets a lot of abuse from me, and the only problem i have with it is that it only has one battery.

If its lightweight work that you want to do the you can go for the Challenge Extreme 18v. Twas my first drill and was great as a starter drill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

tbh, I've seen the ROK stuff in woodies and it looks like the cheapest of the cheap brand of stuff you can get. even worse than the argos stuff.

I do have a worx impact driver and its an animal of a yoke. It gets a lot of abuse from me, and the only problem i have with it is that it only has one battery.

If its lightweight work that you want to do the you can go for the Challenge Extreme 18v. Twas my first drill and was great as a starter drill.

Funny then that I have my ROK 24V cordless for well over 6 months now,and use it and abuse on a daily basis and its perfect.

I also have a ROK 18V cordless for the last 2 years and that has never once failed me,just needed/wanted the 24V for a bit more punch with regards drilling through walls with 15 and 18mm masonary bits.It works a treat.:D

Advertisement