Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private numbers

Options
  • 29-10-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

is there a way i can find out private numbers that ring my mobile?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

who_ru wrote: »
    is there a way i can find out private numbers that ring my mobile?

Gardaí, only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Is there any way I can prevent private numbers ringing my mobile, letting the caller know I wont accept their calls, hardly?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No. Some phones have a setting which automatically reject calls from anonymous numbers (and can also allow you to block calls from specific numbers), but I couldn't tell you which ones.

At best you could change your voicemail message letting people know that the reason you didn't answer is most likely because their number is coming up private.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Answer and dont say anything , they will soon give up or forget to turn off their number sometime. Then its payback

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

Hate the things so much, Never answer them....

It's worse when they don't leave a message... What the hell was the point ringing:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

We call them balaclava or hoodie numbers, some people might have a genuine reason for blocking their no, but in most cases its just dammed bad manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

And then when you dont answer a private number it goes to voicemail,Well i have everything blocked and the only feckers that get to leave a voicemail are 02 and the bank,why is this so?
    Surely cancel all diverts is ALL diverts?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you cancel diverts its still possible to call your voicemail directly & leave a message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Keptic

seamus wrote: »
    No. Some phones have a setting which automatically reject calls from anonymous numbers (and can also allow you to block calls from specific numbers), but I couldn't tell you which ones.

At best you could change your voicemail message letting people know that the reason you didn't answer is most likely because their number is coming up private.
    For Symbian it'd be Advanced Call manager (free download on Nokia site) this baby makes miracles and is very configurable, currently on the BlackBerry I am using "Call Control" that does a little bit less than the previous one, but is free and does the job which is most important. I believe that there is enough software in the Internet that you can pull down for free or for a minimal price (like 2-5e).

It would help if you said what model are you using.

Advertisement