Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tGC Christmas Beers - now with added poll

• 29-10-2010 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Well.
    :)

tGC Christmas Beers - When 16 votes

Friday 3rd December
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 4th December
    6% 1 vote
    Friday 10th December
    12% 2 votes
    Saturday 11th December
    12% 2 votes
    Friday 17th December
    25% 4 votes
    Saturday 18th December
    25% 4 votes
    Atari Beeruar
    18% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

will only be in dublin 21st-28th dec

will go if its around then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

You know the drill folks lets have some suggestions for dates and venues.

My own preference would be a Saturday night however I could probably swing a Friday as Ive worked up some time in lieu so would be able to get a half day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No point in me suggesting any dates because I'm always think I'm free but then get dragged to some stupid friend's stoopid birthday or have to end up having to work a night shoot.

Nevertheless, I have a good feeling this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Well.
    :)

I am going to assume that is a statement, and not a question. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Very early on the decider this time? Can it be somewhere with decent entertainment? perhaps a comedy club? we should hook up with TLL :P ;)

Good chance I'll be working every god given hour but will watch this thread. Always nice to go to boards meets :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

We dont all live near dublin doh :(

P.C. wrote: »
    I am going to assume that is a statement, and not a question. :p
    you are correct Sir.Im also going to suggest your idea that any attendees carry something that identifies them as being Boardsies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

A bowler hat, a rolled up umbrella and a copy of the Times opened to the crossword page?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

nedtheshed wrote: »
    you are correct Sir.Im also going to suggest your idea that any attendees carry something that identifies them as being Boardsies.
    OldGoat wrote: »
    A bowler hat, a rolled up umbrella and a copy of the Times opened to the crossword page?

Laptop, Laptop bag, Mac coat and ban stick for the mods? :p

congo_90 wrote: »
    Very early on the decider this time? Can it be somewhere with decent entertainment? perhaps a comedy club? we should hook up with TLL :P ;)

THere is an annual Boards Christmas comedy gig to raise money for the Santa Strike Force charity. I'm helping organise it this year. FWIW, tLL came to teh last one.
    Although, I think a more general drinks/meet n' greet would be better for tGC, because comedians get crazy when people talk duringthe show.
    No reason why we can't go to both though! :cool:

• Advertisement

I think a poll to pick a date is needed.

Venue is fairly easy to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Saturday 18th December would be a good one I think. It's just a week before christmas. Quite some time away but it'll give time to get a group and location together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

How about the 21st of December? I think weekends will be really really packed anywhere.

That said the 21st will be likely busy too. You could have it the week before but then I won't be able to make it....

Poll now added.Ive allowed the multi vote option as obviously this time of year there are various parties and what not on so at least people arent tied to one date in particular.Poll will close 2 weeks from today so get voting folks.

I am just in talks at the moment.

Will vote when the talks are over.*

* I will be at the beers, the talks are about wether I go alone or not.

Atari beeruar being in the lead does not bode well.Dagnabit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Had to go Atari on this one. Drinking amongst the mobs of the City any weekend in December is no pleasure.

Midweek minibeers anyone?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

After the 7th is usually a good for me, since the 7th is usually payday for me :D

Thequestion is: does anyone know any quite "old men" pubs where we can have a laugh, and not get blasted by loud music? The wee pub on O'Connell street near the Savoy can be good sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Voted for 17th, figure a Friday won't be as busy. I see where you are coming from Syco, but how about the likes of Messers it's not normally to loud and has a bit more atmosphere than an old man pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

the_syco wrote: »
    After the 7th is usually a good for me, since the 7th is usually payday for me :D

Thequestion is: does anyone know any quite "old men" pubs where we can have a laugh, and not get blasted by loud music? The wee pub on O'Connell street near the Savoy can be good sometimes.

Mulligans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maguined wrote: »
    Mulligans?
    Aye. Can be good sometimes: have met up with people there on occasion. It's also central enough. The station below Tara Street train station has a nice smoking area, and is sometimes dead on a Friday. Think it's called the Sub Lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

the_syco wrote: »
    Aye. Can be good sometimes: have met up with people there on occasion. It's also central enough. The station below Tara Street train station has a nice smoking area, and is sometimes dead on a Friday. Think it's called the Sub Lounge.

Yeah O'Reillys/Sub Lounge is a nice little spot, also smokers love it because the train tracks completely cover the smoking area so you never get wet, location is convenient for all as well.

Sub Lounge is nice (cheap pints too), however we at the Nocturnal Forum once reserved a spot there and they conveniently 'forgot' it when we turned up (nothing to do with the fact that the place was jammers).

Advertisement