Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part broken in drill

Options
  • 29-10-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Hopefully somebody can recognise the part of the drill in my hand? It's broken but can't even look for it online to see if its worth getting a new one, as I've no idea what its called!

Its a bosch drill 1180.7 600W corded.

Also if anybody does recognise it... is it worth replacing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Looks like a capacitor. The photo is not very clear. Post details of the lettering on the device to help identify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Thanks! lettering is kinda split with the part but i'll try to post all i can see!

* 150nX-1 2x2n5 Y
    250V

25/085/21 HPF
    70703M2-FB2 PA9
    2607 329092 X2

*There is a triangle located up here, but can't read what's in it!
    Possibly
    V
    DL

But those letters could be anything.. and other letters could be incorrect too, especially on the first line which is prob most important! The part cracked through the lettering and its all faded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Hi,
    Hopefully somebody can recognise the part of the drill in my hand? It's broken but can't even look for it online to see if its worth getting a new one, as I've no idea what its called!

Its a bosch drill 1180.7 600W corded.

Also if anybody does recognise it... is it worth replacing?

Looks like a capacitor alright, the drill may work without it, possibly an interference supression capacitor. It looks like its shorted in that photo though.

Thanks, Would one of these be expensive? difficuly to replace? I was thinking of getting him a new cordless drill for christmas, so I don't know if tis worth getting one... any idea of a ballpark figure or where to get one? Thanks for your help!

Thanks, Would one of these be expensive? difficuly to replace? I was thinking of getting him a new cordless drill for christmas, so I don't know if tis worth getting one... any idea of a ballpark figure or where to get one? Thanks for your help!

I would`t say they would be expensive, what sort of work does he do,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Trouble with replacing the capacitor is that there might be a fault in the motor also. You could bring it to a Bosch service centre for advice.

I think Beaver Engineering in Walkinstown are Bosch agents.

Alternatively B&Q had some very good offers on good quality cordless drills like Makita and De Walt. About €100 as far as I can remember and come with a charger and spare battery.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    I would`t say they would be expensive, what sort of work does he do,

He's a farmer and just putting up some shelves in the garage... the drill is quite old though so thinking it could be as easy just to get a new one? especially if the next poster was concerned about the motor... i'd say its over ten years old.... might just have to get him an early Christmas present... don't know too much about drills though, i know to get a hammer one and after that is it as simple as looking for a decent make with high voltage? (getting a cordless one) or any tips on what i should be lookin for?

by not too expensive are we talking less than €20? at the same time though it doesn't make sense really buying a part if he's getting a new one at christmas... santa might just have to come early!

Thanks for the help lads! I love the way you can find info on anything on this forum!

He's a farmer and just putting up some shelves in the garage... the drill is quite old though so thinking it could be as easy just to get a new one? especially if the next poster was concerned about the motor... i'd say its over ten years old.... might just have to get him an early Christmas present... don't know too much about drills though, i know to get a hammer one and after that is it as simple as looking for a decent make with high voltage? (getting a cordless one) or any tips on what i should be lookin for?

by not too expensive are we talking less than €20? at the same time though it doesn't make sense really buying a part if he's getting a new one at christmas... santa might just have to come early!

Thanks for the help lads! I love the way you can find info on anything on this forum!
    If he is regularly drilling walls then an SDS 24 volt battery drill is what you would want, there are 36volt ones as well, not sure of prices as i have a hilti 24 volt one near 12 years now so have not bought one in that time. Other lads on here would have better price ideas than me.

Advertisement