Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Cameras in Donegal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

they are 24/7, 365 days a year, they are currently on a phased roll out, but even once they are all on the road, there are more sites than there will be vans, so they will be alternating between them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

irish-stew wrote: »
    they are 24/7, 365 days a year, they are currently on a phased roll out, but even once they are all on the road, there are more sites than there will be vans, so they will be alternating between them all.

24/7...really?

Considering the Gardai do not operate speed traps in poor weather conditions/poor visibility for fear of causing an accident from people unnecessarily stamping on the brakes, I would be very surprised if the RSA have contracted a company to do exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

Drove from Longford to Donegal friday and there was one parked just after the Rooskey/Dromod by pass, parked outside the Top of the hill pub, never a black spot dont know if i got caught yet, but i know i was doing more than the 50kmh limit as you have to slow down rapidly from either 80/100 kmh i cant remember which speed limit it is, was told it was also on the Bolye side of Carrick on Shannon the day before that

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Pique wrote: »
    24/7...really?

Considering the Gardai do not operate speed traps in poor weather conditions/poor visibility for fear of causing an accident from people unnecessarily stamping on the brakes, I would be very surprised if the RSA have contracted a company to do exactly that.

Yes, really. (click on first link under FAQ on right hand side)

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

irish-stew wrote: »
    Yes, really. (click on first link under FAQ on right hand side)

;)
    Thanks for that.
    I'd say that is to ensure that the level of speeding doesn't skyrocket 'after hours'.
    Keeping people on their toes all the time is safer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Ruskey

Pique wrote: »
    24/7...really?

I think it's checkpoints you mean. They can stick the "gun" out of the patrol car window in any conditions. Only comfort is they normally don't in pissing rain incase they get their arm wet :rolleyes:

Advertisement