Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser lags up when 3 computers are using the network

• 29-10-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Browser lags up when 3 computers are using the network
    I recently got a new laptop and connect wirelessly to my home internet, my father and brother also have computers which connect to the internet via ethernet.When we connect to the internet seperately, or 2 at a time, everything works perfectly.

However, when all 3 of us are logged on simultaneously, it makes browsing impossible. It takes pages such as facebook and google ages to load. I also have an xbox using the same connection and when I use that along with my father's and brother's computers, it doesn't affect them in nearly the same way that my laptop does.

Anyone know a solution or even what the problem is?

My stats on my wireless connection ( I know speedtest isn't reliable but I really don't know what else to use)
    1009131136.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

Maybe a mod could move this to another section where I would get help?

Or could someone suggest a techy forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Are all settings allocated by DHCP?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

Are all settings allocated by DHCP?

I'm not too sure what that means?How could I check?

I've changed a few things on my router admin page, put my xbox in the DMZ for example

Advertisement