Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming PAYE Tax Credit (Online)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

if you were in PAYE employment for those years you are talking about, then you are entitled to claim it.

sometimes, the Revenue don't give it automatically, its simply an error on their part. it all depends on how you went about registering with your employer as an employee from day one.

If you were in PAYE employment, you should have had this credit and it would increase your weekly tax credits thereby increasy your weekly net pay (assuming you are earining enough over your current tax credits to pay tax)

Tick the box on the PAYE online for the previous years, request new P21's for those years and you will get a refund of tax for the years in question( if you earned enough in those years) The tax office will refund you any tax due from previous years and issue your employer with a new tax credit cert for 2010 and you should get an increase inyour wages for one week to reflect the cumulative tax credit for 2010 up to the week your employer inputs the new tax credits into their payroll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

no you are perfectly entitled to recliam the tax as you shouldn't have paid it in the first place. The Revenue should have allocated it to you originally

make sure you do it before the end of the year as you can only go back four years for claiming credits so if you didnt do it, you would lose the credit for the tax you paid in 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Anyone know how long it takes between applying for the P21 and getting the refund? I applied for health expenses tax relief about a week ago and got my P21 in the post, but no deposit into my bank account as yet...

Advertisement