Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think is a reasonable price to charge for framed prints in your opinion?

• 29-10-2010 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Looking for a little advice/input/opinions.

I will be launching my first photography exhibition in a week and a half. I hope to make a few sales as a result of the exhibition and least break even. What do you think would be a reasonable price for a framed print. We are talking about a 16x12 inch print with a 2 inch thick card mount and a simple wooden frame. I have an idea in my head but I'd like to hear some opinions before setttling on a price and to see if it matches my own pricing ideas.

I'd appreciate any general advice too from anybody who has held an exhibition before.

Cheers.

Barry.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how much is the material cost of the print and frame? add €40 - €50 to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

from what my other customers charge for simlar exhibitions i have done for them, reckon 150 - 200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭milos

This is a very old rule of thumb for pricing stock

price of materials + labour x 3

Your profit is then split in 3
    1/3 for more materials
    1/3 for wages
    1/3 for improvment

But remember you can only charge what the market will bare.

i.e €100 to a wealty client
    € 50 to a poor client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

Thanks a million folks. Some really useful replies so far. Much appreciated :)

Advertisement