Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I have your opinion/advice please? Possibly overcharged!

Options
  • 29-10-2010 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I would appreciate any advice I could get on this, I will preface it all by saying I know I don't have a lot to go on!

This afternoon in my local convenience store I purchased a sausage roll, regular bag of Tayto and a 50cl bottle of Volvic water. I was charged €4.99. I paid up and left, I wasn't offered a receipt and didn't ask for one. When I was on the bus later I opened the sausage roll and it was marked €1.00 which means that the water and tayto cost €3.99. this seems a bit ridiculous!

I was thinking of going back to the store and checking the price of the water and tayto and if there is a difference saying something to the sales assistant. I know that without my receipt I'm not entitled to anything. Would it be worth a try though? I know it's only a couple of € but it's more the principle of the thing!

Any suggestions/advice/opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Re-check the prices, but talk to a manager, not the sales person. You haven't a leg to stand on, but you never know, they might well refund you the overcharge if it was an overcharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Thanks jor el, I'll give it a go, nothing to lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

They can track your receipt, if you know what you bought, what time, and what till. I did this in a Centra to get a receipt for a faulty bus ticket to show Dublin Bus. However they might think you're a giant pain to do that for the sake of €2. Tayto costs 70cent, water €1.50 max often €1.15 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Sounds like a special offer lunch price. Like any roll/sandwich, crisps and water for €4.99.

The person on the till may have thought he sausage roll was a sandwich and that you were getting the offer.

Advertisement