Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemon Meringue Pie!

Options
  • 29-10-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone give me a nice relatively easy recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie? Always wanted to try it cos it looks so scrummy! Can i use an ordinary round springform cake tin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Am going to be naughty and recommend the recipe on the back of a packet, you can buy the lemony bit in sachets in the supermarket, I've tried making the lemon bit from scratch and it was nice but there's something about the packet one just seems nicer eventhough it's got some naughty additives.

I've used a regular tin before and it came out fine, you won't get that pie shape look but it will work and taste just as good.

Trick is to give the lemon curd time to set well before putting it into the tin, ensure it's not runny and it's good and thick but not lumpy. I sometimes don't have the patience and stick the lemon curd on the window sill to cool or pop the jug of lemon curd into a bowl of water to cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kizzle

http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/06/lemon-meringue-pie-recipe.html

I use this recipe as a base, but use normal shortcrust pastry instead of the one in this and use about 5 lemons rather than the 3 listed! oh and grate a little bit of the rind into the juice before you start making the filling too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

kizzle wrote: »
    http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/06/lemon-meringue-pie-recipe.html

I use this recipe as a base, but use normal shortcrust pastry instead of the one in this and use about 5 lemons rather than the 3 listed! oh and grate a little bit of the rind into the juice before you start making the filling too!

Wow that looks amazing! I'm gonna try that sometime soon if i can find the time! Thanks both of you for the replies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I cheat on the pastry and get my Dad to make it, it's a butter pastry..pate sucre?? Or something like that. It's sweeter and richer than regular shortcrust and goes so well with the lemon and meringue.

Advertisement