Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Word 2007 Problems

• 29-10-2010 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

I hope I'm putting this query in the most relevant section.

In a document that I'm working on at present there is a large amount of unwanted space between my second and third paragraphs. When I try to move the third paragraph back up, nothing happens other than the deletion of the period which ends my second paragraph. I've selected the "dont add space between paragraphs of the same style" option, but nothing changes. All the rest of my paragraphs are evenly-spaced. I have no idea how to fix this, but I would certainly appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Leopardi wrote: »
    I hope I'm putting this query in the most relevant section.

In a document that I'm working on at present there is a large amount of unwanted space between my second and third paragraphs. When I try to move the third paragraph back up, nothing happens other than the deletion of the period which ends my second paragraph. I've selected the "dont add space between paragraphs of the same style" option, but nothing changes. All the rest of my paragraphs are evenly-spaced. I have no idea how to fix this, but I would certainly appreciate any advice.

Sounds like you migiht have extra space added to the end of your 2nd paragraph. To remove or change it, Select the paragraph, then click on the "Line and paragraph spacing" in the Paragraph group of the Main ribbon (see pic attached (NB I'm using Word 2010, but it should be almost exactly the same). Choose the option "Remove space after paragraph". That should do it for you. If not, come back here, and we'll try something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

Thanks for the reply - your help is much appreciated. When I follow the steps you mention, I don't seem to have a "remove space" option - only an "add space before/after paragraph" one.

Thanks for the reply - your help is much appreciated. When I follow the steps you mention, I don't seem to have a "remove space" option - only an "add space before/after paragraph" one.
    Bearing in mind that I'm using Word 2010, there are probably some small differences. In that case, click on the same button as before, then choose "Line Spacing Options". In there, there should be a group of options entitled "spacing". Play around with these, particularly the "Before" and "After" boxes, which determines the space before and after each sentence/paragraph.

HTH.

TheQ47 wrote: »
    Bearing in mind that I'm using Word 2010, there are probably some small differences. In that case, click on the same button as before, then choose "Line Spacing Options". In there, there should be a group of options entitled "spacing". Play around with these, particularly the "Before" and "After" boxes, which determines the space before and after each sentence/paragraph.

HTH.

Thanks again - still no luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Select the two paragraphs, clear formatting and then re-apply the style.

• Advertisement

JustinOval wrote: »
    Select the two paragraphs, clear formatting and then re-apply the style.

Thanks for your reply. I've tried that - still doesn't work.

Thanks for your reply. I've tried that - still doesn't work.

Last chance saloon for me ;)

Select the offending paragraph(s), then on the ribbon, in the paragraph group, click the little arrow in the bottom right-hand corner (see ParaGroup.png attached) which should bring you in to the paragraph settings. Play around with these, and find the settings that will affect your offending paragraph, probably "Spacing" (see ParaScreen.png attached)

HTH

TheQ47 wrote: »
    Last chance saloon for me ;)

Select the offending paragraph(s), then on the ribbon, in the paragraph group, click the little arrow in the bottom right-hand corner (see ParaGroup.png attached) which should bring you in to the paragraph settings. Play around with these, and find the settings that will affect your offending paragraph, probably "Spacing" (see ParaScreen.png attached)

HTH

Thanks again - your efforts are much appreciated. I finally managed to get it sorted. Somehow I managed to insert line and section breaks (I still have no idea how).

Thanks once again for all your help.

Thanks again - your efforts are much appreciated. I finally managed to get it sorted. Somehow I managed to insert line and section breaks (I still have no idea how).

Thanks once again for all your help.

Dagnabit, why didn't I think of that? Glad you got sorted, anyway.

Advertisement