Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfe Tone Street paranormal activity

• 29-10-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

I was just reading this week's Post newspaper when I came across a piece they're doing on ghost tales around Limerick.

Its this piece that interests me:
    More recently a lot of activity has been reported in a house on Wolfe Tone Street.
    A girl living there felt a presence in her bedroom and would wake up with a weight on her chest, frozen to the bed.
    A guest woke during the night to see objects being thrown across the room.
    The residents decided to take action and asked a medium to intervene.
    She claimed that the spirit of a lady in the house was protecting the occupants.
    However, something drew her to the garden and as she stood there, she felt a sinking sensation.
    Suddenly, her hand was twisted behind her back in a lock, like a prisoner.
    Her daughter had to free the arm.
    She told the girls that there was a male presence in their garden, which the female spirit in the house was protecting them from.
    The residents spoke about their experiences on the Ray Darcy radio show, but declined to give their address.
    After they described what had happened, Today FM received calls from people who had occupied the same house on Wolfe Tone Street at some point.

Does anyone know anything further about this house on Wolfe Tone Street thats apparently fairly spooky?

Thought it would be a nice thread coming up to Halloween and all! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I've already apologised about all that, kept getting lost on my way back from Bush Drinkin' in the Peoples Park :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

A girl living there felt a presence in her bedroom and would wake up with a weight on her chest, frozen to the bed.

stopped reading there. it's called sleep paralysis

http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Thats a possibility alright. But hey, other people say the house was haunted too and seen as its Halloween weekend why not be open to these sorts of stories :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    Thats a possibility alright. But hey, other people say the house was haunted too and seen as its Halloween weekend why not be open to these sorts of stories :p

Used to get sleep paralysis a bit in college, really strange.

The old Dunnes stores on the bridge is haunted, fact!

Used to get sleep paralysis a bit in college, really strange.

The old Dunnes stores on the bridge is haunted, fact!

I actually got it one myself and it was scary!

Ya I've heard lots about old Dunnes. Apparently there was one room the staff used never go into cause so much unexplained stuff happened in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Saw these folk at Vizes field picnic last Sunday. Queere goings on alright.

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5850.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

Apparently these lost souls are hoping to convince Limerick City Council to build there social housing elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Does sound somewhat like sleep paralysis, I've had it a few times before and if you don't understand what's happening it can be very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

Could have been OH Rollover syndrome as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have experienced sleep paralysis, and it was freaky. But how do they explain the rest of the stuff that happened?

seachto7 wrote: »
    I have experienced sleep paralysis, and it was freaky. But how do they explain the rest of the stuff that happened?

Hysteria or Histrionic Personality Disorder I'd say.

• Advertisement

Hysteria or Histrionic Personality Disorder I'd say.

talkingclock - the man with all the answers. :rolleyes:

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    talkingclock - the man with all the answers. :rolleyes:

Exactly. :rolleyes:
    Tell me what you want to hear and i'll give you the satisfying answer then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Exactly. :rolleyes:
    Tell me what you want to hear and i'll give you the satisfying answer then.

Wednesdays winning lotto numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

My sister lived in a house in Wolfe tone street next to the barricks for a number of years - rented - and she's 100% agree with the OPs post.

phill106 wrote: »
    Wednesdays winning lotto numbers?
    crystal ball says NO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 limdun

Hey guys!

I went to a party last night with the Limerick Printmakers and as part of the party we were treated to a ghost tour and were taken on a bus around Limerick and shown all the haunted areas where ghosts apparently live and have been seen.

One stop was in fact outside the house in question on Wolfe Tone street and the lady telling us the story was the actual medium and her daughter! Chilling Story and told exactly as the original article published in the first post. The house backs up on to the Barricks and I myself lived on Lord Edward Street just off Wolfe Tone Street and always found that area to be spooky!

I've lived at Mt Pleasant Ave and the only spooky thing there were some of the neighbours... ;)

limdun wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I went to a party last night with the Limerick Printmakers and as part of the party we were treated to a ghost tour and were taken on a bus around Limerick and shown all the haunted areas where ghosts apparently live and have been seen.

One stop was in fact outside the house in question on Wolfe Tone street and the lady telling us the story was the actual medium and her daughter! Chilling Story and told exactly as the original article published in the first post. The house backs up on to the Barricks and I myself lived on Lord Edward Street just off Wolfe Tone Street and always found that area to be spooky!

Was this tour a once off thing or?? Sounds fair class!

Its interesting that there are a number of stories about the house. Gives these places an air of mystery!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bonnell

i live in wolfe tone street and i have experienced strange things happen to me..one night i woke up and saw a perfectly still red light flashing on the wall at the end of the bedroom i lifted my head up to see if i was seeing things and then when i looked back it was gone it was like a laser pointer but all the blinds were pulled and it wasn't shaking like a laser would...another night i woke up and looked at the wall at the end of the bed and i saw an image of an old clock with a date was hanging below it i think it read 16th of october i looked at this for about 30 seconds then i watched it disappear...i also have often been woken out of my sleep thinking someone was standing beside the bed but when i looked there was nothing there...i used to have very bad nightmares for a long time over this ..in another part of the house someone left a bottle of vodka in the middle of a table and somehow it fell off on to the floor when there was no one in the room and it smashed with the cork on it as you know it would probably take more than it falling off the table to break it..it was a wooden floor with linolium on it... i do often think i can hear someone walking around the sitting room when im in bed it's always at night and i think my bed was shaking a few times too honest to God thts what i experienced i thought it was something in the building cause its an old house i said to the neighbor upstairs and they said they never felt it ..these days i sleep in the sitting room cause i find it hard to settle in the bedroom...thats my experience ...strangely enough a woman who was born in this house knocked on the door with her daughter and grand daughter she was celebrating her 60th birthday and asked me if she could look around the house i said it was ok and she took a photo standing at the front door she now lives in Gorey in Wexford and had lived here since her husband died i think in 1984 then went to live in Gorey since then with her daughter and again her daughter knocked on the door a few weeks ago and asked to have a look around cause the house was renovated and she told me that she is always dreaming about this house i didnt recognize or it didnt click with me it was the same woman so i mentioned about the older woman and she started to cry and said it was her mother but she told me she had good memories from living here so too coincidental i think..funny coincidence or funny haha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm never quiet sure, are Zombies Paranormal activity or something else....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement