Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luxembourg Cycling Team.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thats wot they said about sky

the bigger they are .......................

think they needed a big name director sportif to hit the ground running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

thought Spartacus was having musings of a podium place in July and said he couldnt do that with schlecks on the same team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

thats wot they said about sky

the bigger they are .......................

think they needed a big name director sportif to hit the ground running

I wonder what Bjarne Riis is up to..

Interesting reading here about who's behind the team and the rumoured website of upcoming team is http://www.leopard.lu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I despise everything about this team. The Schlecks - please don't race I fallen off my bike/mychain has dropped/i spilt my milk. FO.
    Furthermore is anyone else sick and tired of the cliché that is Jens Voight.
    I could only hate this team more if the had George Hcnapie in it.

I hope Bertie gets off scot free, if only to wipe the smirk from this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

ROK ON wrote: »
    I despise everything about this team. The Schlecks - please don't race I fallen off my bike/mychain has dropped/i spilt my milk. FO.

They came across as very genuine in Chasing Legends.
    Both gave the impression that they understood that bike racing is just their passion and not their lives.
    Two of the biggest legends in the sport IMO.

How is Jens Voigt a cliche?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

blasphemy!

... and yes let's all hope the cheat gets off scot- free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Zipp101 wrote: »
    They came across as very genuine in Chasing Legends.
    Both gave the impression that they understood that bike racing is just their passion and not their lives.
    Two of the biggest legends in the sport IMO.

How is Jens Voigt a cliche?

I dunno personally I don't see the hype over Big George, he was supposed to be this big american classics rider, yet he's never really delivered, that's just my personal opinion on Big George. He also seems to make some strange team moves as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Yes, being FUCKING AWESOME is such a cliché.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

niceonetom wrote: »
    Yes, being FUCKING AWESOME is such a cliché.

I too am tiring of Voigt plagerising the same lines you hear the great athletes in the Premier League craft in interviews on Match of the Day after another gut busting 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vision267

I despise everything about this team. The Schlecks - please don't race I fallen off my bike/chain has dropped/i spilt my milk. FO.
    Furthermore is anyone else sick and tired of the cliché that is Jens Voigt.
    I could only hate this team more if the had George Hincapie in it.

I hope so to,this new team are useing trek bikes with shimano di2.Is thats what its called.So Andy cant drop his chain ever again.I really hope Contador doesn't get banned.Jens Voigt is a cool guy,but I would still love to see this new team get destroyed by Contador.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Don't forget that Frank seems to think it's ok to pay 10k to Spanish Gynaecologist for "training advice" (Dr Fuentes of Puerto of Puerto fame).

That said I'm not too keen to see Beefy Bert back too soon.

Would love to see a breakthrough from the likes of Porte or Martin (Dan or Tony).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

the luxemborg cycling team is starting to look a lot like SaxoBank, just without Bjarne Riis... Andy and Frank were the leaders at SB, and are still leaders of their new team, so why did they bother moving??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

ba wrote: »
    the luxemborg cycling team is starting to look a lot like SaxoBank, just without Bjarne Riis... Andy and Frank were the leaders at SB, and are still leaders of their new team, so why did they bother moving??

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

:rolleyes:

Advertisement