Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Exams

Options
  • 29-10-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Its only around the corner folks! Heres the timetable.

Just looking at the regulations for the exams, UCD seem to have lost any flexibility they once had
    KNOW YOUR EXAM REGULATIONS!

You must be in possession of your UCD student card in the exam hall. Failure to produce your student card
    will result in a €50 penalty being applied to your account
    and may result in additional identification checks.
    No unauthorised materials (e.g. pencil cases, books, notes, etc.) are allowed in the exam hall. If you are
    found in possession of unauthorised materials you may be subject to disciplinary action.

Mobile phones or other electronic communication devices are NOT allowed in the exam hall. If your mobile
    phone is activated or if you are seen to be using the mobile phone, it will immediately be confiscated by the
    invigilator, a €50 penalty will be applied to your account and you may be subject to disciplinary action.

Back in the day you would just fill out a form with your signature, name and address if you forgot your card and you could also bring in your phone once you left it under your chair. €50 fine for not having a card seems very excessive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Seems a lot earlier than last year :eek:
    You were allowed phones under chairs last year too.

Only have 3 exams myself, most annoying times ever though.
    Sat 11th 3-5
    Wed 15th 6-8
    Wed 22nd 12-1

Could be worse though, I could have them all within 3 days!

€50 for not having your card is mental. It only costs €30 if you've lost yours to get it replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

yeah 50 euro is pretty harsh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Phil0991

2 exams on a saturday and 2 nine o clocks rediculous might as well give me the fail now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

ANybody know if the SU Will be running a bus again this time? I've never used it before, is it a good service, on time, easy to get seats, or not to be relied upon?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Which Dublin Buses serve UCD and the RDS? Is it just a case of getting the 46a/39a and walking from the N11 to the RDS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Phil0991 wrote: »
    2 exams on a saturday and 2 nine o clocks rediculous might as well give me the fail now:mad:

What's people problems with exams in Saturdays? Coming up to exam time days kind of lose meaning, if you didn't have an exam you'd be in the library studying anyway. I don't get it. Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesdays, they're all the same to me. around exams.

Personally I don't mind 9 o'clock starts, no time to worry before hand about what's going to come up. Just get up and do it. Though I do prefer 12 o'clock starts, get a good sleep and a bit of time to warm up the brain before the exam, but it doesn't bother me too much.

I can understand being annoyed by 9 o'clock exams, but I don't get people's problems with Saturday exams. Just my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

My time-table is horrendous. 4 of my 5 exams are on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Which Dublin Buses serve UCD and the RDS? Is it just a case of getting the 46a/39a and walking from the N11 to the RDS?

The SU will probably run a shutle bus, they did for both semester exams last year anyway.

Get there early though as they can fill up quickly from what I've heard, never used it myself. It's not that far to walk either, takes about 35 mins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My timetable is not too bad this year. No 9 o'clocks and only 1 exam per day with a couple of gaps. In both Saturdays but that doesn't bother me. Last semester was terrible - 6 exams in the space of 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Two worst exams on the the last day, in till 8 >_<

Otherwise it's grand, my resits dont seem to have exams though... which is, er, news to me.... so 5 exams in the two weeks \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

2 exams the 14th, 2 exams the 18th, 2 exams the 22nd. Not that bad, in fact it's alright, I can prepare for blocks of 2 modules.
    Kunting thing is being in until 8pm on the 22nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sat 11: 3-5
    Mon 13: 12-2
    Tue 14: 6-8
    Sat 18: 3-5
    Wed 22: 6-8

That may be my best exam timetable ever. 3 subjects im confident about first, with a day and a half study between each, then the 2 im nervous about with 3 full days study between. Woot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Phil0991 wrote: »

Great attitude to begin an exam season with. Just suck it up and get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

What he said, I once had a Saturday with 3 exams: a 9-11, a 3-5 and a 6-8. And I got at least a B in all of those classes - A in the one with the 6 o clock exam. I miss first year... College was easy back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

cant complain tbh bout my timetable this year, 13/14th, 17/18th, 21/22nd. snot too bad, 2 days off between blocks is grand. also each block is 1 hard/1 alright
    anyone else getting that cold sweaty panic feeling yet? im just waiting for it to kick in...3rd year is bent

the whole thing about charging 50e is ridiculous, its just ucd trying to scrape some money out of a few forgetful students...basically a shakedown...same reason they charge 30 for a replacement, they take 5 min to do costing definitely no more than 5e in total to the college

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

marglin wrote: »
    the whole thing about charging 50e is ridiculous, its just ucd trying to scrape some money out of a few forgetful students...basically a shakedown...same reason they charge 30 for a replacement, they take 5 min to do costing definitely no more than 5e in total to the college

Its the same as why you have to pay 2 euro for a 2c plastic bag in the airport - its a stupidity tax.

Advertisement