Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac Gansters on prowl around Gorey

Options
  • 29-10-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Elderly neighbour on his own at the time was intimidated yesterday by a gang lying tarmacadam. He explained he didn't want any but they went ahead and completed half the entrance then asked to be paid and would come back and finish it tomorrow. My neighbour panicked and rang his family. He's very upset and frightened and they've said they'll return for their money €1600!! Chancers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Be waiting with 5 gallon drum of diesel for when they return,inform them the Gardai were called and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Call cops. I was screwed in a similar way a few years back. At the time I felt stupid & was too ashamed to make the call. That was a mistake.

FoxT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Nothing to be ashamed of. These bullockes are absolute thieves. Call the Guards if the even approach your house. Ethnic minorities my big fat hairy hole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

" Ah Jaysus now boss go handy dere. Dat's de besht a' tarmac, sure it's our third time today laying it."

If the Guards won't come out (civil matter, ethnic minority issues, no crime committed, yadda, yadda, yadda) invite the local hurling team to a strategy meeting / equipment check at your neighbour's house. These may need to be at regular intervals over a few evenings with the imminent introduction of midnight hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Gardaí informed and waited for them but they didn't show up at the appointed time. Later in the afternoon a van pulled into my drive with a English/NIR reg. I ran for a pen but not sure if I took it down correctly in the panic looking for pen & paper :o (not sure if it's a good idea sticking what I think was the reg here; perhaps the mods would advise) I have a gut feeling they'll be back tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

ask to see their vat number and there company registration number or you'll ring the guards, i bet they will run a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

keep pen & paper handy (bit late now, but they may be back..) . Take description & reg no. of vehicle, description of the people, note date & time, take photos if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

get some pics or better still get a video camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

These kind of things have been going on for 20 Years maybe more.

Its such a shame these things happen to innocent people.

Advertisement