Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaves Leaves and yes more Leaves

Options
  • 29-10-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a good blow/vac/shedder to help me get rid of all the leaves in my garden, there is a fair amount of them multipling in size on a daily basis, was thinking electric in around the €100 mark, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

can anyone recommend a good blow/vac/shedder to help me get rid of all the leaves in my garden, there is a fair amount of them multipling in size on a daily basis, was thinking electric in around the €100 mark, cheers

No faith in the Vac/Shedder ... had one suck up some pebbles and "blow up" ... prefer a Blower... ok you end up picking up the leaves at the end, but gives me an excuse to get dirty!!!
    I have a Ryobi Can't Remember off hand exact Model and it's secondhand (Hand me down) Can't fault it for its Age and massive Size, it does the Job year after year with no fault !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Why not bag them and mix them into your soil and let them rot in.

Makes for free compost and very good soil for growing.

We just did this with bags of dead leaves and bags of seaweed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

i wouldnt mind them blowing round the garden only for i recently got a dog and he spends all day eating them which cant be good for him, thats the only reason i need to move them on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I don't think they can cause any harm to the dog, unless the ground has recently been sprayed.

On Gardeners world on BBC they are covering leaves and how to make leaf mulch.

Advertisement