Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco are reducing points for petrol/diesel

Options
  • 29-10-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

Tesco are planning on reducing the points from 1 point per 1 Euro of fuel to 1 point per 2 Euro spent.

so a fill of 50 Euro will only earn 25c of vouchers instead of the current 50c.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Doesn't matter,it's a long time since tesco have been the cheapest for petrol in waterford anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not really a consumer issue to be honest, its there own internal points system that they are entitled to run as they see fit. If they wanted to close it in the morning they are legally entitled to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ditto- they have products that do not qualify for points (such as lotto tickets, bus tickets and some other things sold at the customer service desks).

If they decide to reduce or remove clubcard points from fuel- its entirely their perogative. I only ever get fuel there is the car is running on fumes (Maynooth)- I can get diesel 4c a litre cheaper in Celbridge, and 7c a litre cheaper on the quays on the way out of town. Occasionally they are very competitive against local garages, but these days, you don't have to look far to find local garages significantly cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kildub

TESCO ARE NOW ONLY GIVING HALF YOUR SPEND VALUE IN POINTS.:(

THEY'VE ALSO INCREASED THE PRICE OF THEIR PETROL IN MY AREA TO 134.9C. THAT'S THE MOST EXPENSIVE OF ALL OF THE PETROL PUMPS IN THE AREA. SO MUCH FOR LOWEST PRICES!:mad:

TIME TO TAKE BUSINESS ELSEWHERE METHINKS:P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a Bargain Alert.

Moved to Consumer Issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I've noticed that Tesco have offered 5p off every litre when you buy £50 in the UK over the last three or four months. It's been well over a year since they offered a similar offer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged

kildub Please don't post entirely in caps - it's considered to be the equivalent of shouting on the internet.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kildub

sorry for shouting. just so mad at tesco.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I can see why, but in reality you were getting something for free. It was a bonus. Now they're reducing the value of the bonus. That's all. It's still something for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

I never really consider the vouchers as 'free'. As far as I am concerned they basically add approx 1% to the price and then give it back a few months later.

(Of course this probably should be in a 'Not Bargains Alert', but I couldn't find any alternative forum)

As other posters have said Tesco can do what they like with the points and also the price for anything they sell.

What also irritates me is that as well as effectively increasing the cost of their fuel they are simulataneously introducing a pay at pump system, which will reduce workforce and decrease costs.

In these days of low employment levels I won't be using the pay at pump feature. (I know... Not a 'consumer issue'!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Dont know why people are suprised or angry about this. tesco are ONLY interested in your money. they dont give a rats arse about the locality they live in or Ireland as a whole. they would up and leave in the morning if it suited them.

they usually set up a petrol station , offer the sun and the moon, put the smaller local operators out of business and then put the prices up, they do the same with their shops, you only have to look at the uk to see how they have destroyed local businesses and as a result local towns.

if they annoy you, take your business elsewhere.

Advertisement