Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rap Video Made in Ollie's Place, Skerries, Dublin

• 29-10-2010 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey there,

This is my first post on boards.ie but I wanted to share a music video made in a local pub in Skerries.
    They make funny videos regularly and the locals love it!
    Here is their newest video with an original rap/pop song called "Now You Know". Let me know what you think! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jHBcZD_5NU

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

You sound like ryan tubridy after getting a kick in the bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Is it a joke or serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

Dude you're coming onto a forum that has hard core Hip-Hop enthusiasts. You're track is quite poppy so it'll might not go down well here.

TBH I could definitely hear that in the Irish charts. The video looks pretty polished, so fair play to the director.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BTW, lovely copywrite infringement at the start of the video where you stole the footage from the recent Michael J. Fox advert.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The production quality of the video is pretty good, cant say the same about the song i'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Well produced visually & musically. Need to work on accent to be taken seriously, hitting it on the word "centur" & "though" (phonetically) is a little cringeworthy. Also, the guy's image... he really needs to work on his image (& I'm not saying that to be bad), it would have been far better if the guy in the green pimp suit was singing it. the rapper looks very young & immature. needs to grow out the hair a bit, grow some stubble & beef up. Looks like a 16 year old. Also ditch the BTTF footage at the start, it's got nothing to do with the theme of the video or the song.

Otherwise I think it's excellent. Easily stand up there among other more established rappers & beats anything x-factor/chart related hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

Just one other point: Fair play to you for having the balls to put yourself online to be judged. I know that when I fluted about with music it was kept indoors, my ears only so to speak (also it was sh1te). It takes a lot of guts to put yourself up here and you can bet that a lot of the posters here would agree.

Best of luck dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RobRecords

Thanks for all the feedback.

MikeyCdublin, the video is jokey. It was made for fun. Group of people who wanted to have a laugh with an original song.

Seaneh, you say it like I should be ashamed...It's a reference to Back to the Future...the dates at the start of the video. Just a reference. Again...we were having fun. This isn't our MTv attempt. And thanks for the Tubridy comment. It was funny. :)

geoffraffe, We are just putting this video anywhere people will see it. If they watch and find it fun, great. If the think it's a pile of **** and the rapper is a joke, great too.

Boom_Bap, the video guy is very good at what he does.

iMax, Thank you for your thoughts. Taking everything you said in.

Thanks for watching!

Advertisement