Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micheal Martins child died

Options
  • 29-10-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Very sad news. poor little Leana passed away this lunch time. aged almost 8.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Breakingnews.ie
    The youngest daughter of Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin, has died today.

Seven-year-old Léana Martin passed away peacefully at Great Ormonde Street Hospital in London this afternoon, after a short illness.

Her parents and family were at her bedside.

Micheál and Mary Martin say they are heartbroken at the loss of their daughter, describing her as "a beautiful light" in their lives.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/foreign-affairs-ministers-young-daughter-dies-in-hospital-479684.html#ixzz13ldoeldY

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Not a politican fan of the man, but my heart goes out to him and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Very sad news he helped our Daughter get a life saving operating in Crumlin hospital.
    Wheres the justice very very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

My deepest sympathies go out to the family at their truly tragic loss.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why she was in a hospital in London ?

transferred from Crumlin to London early this week:(
    The youngest daughter of Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin has died in hospital in London, aged seven.
    Mr Martin, along with his wife Mary and their family, were at Léana's bedside at Great Ormond Street Hospital when she died.
    She was the youngest of four children - two sons and two daughters - aged between seven and 15.
    A spokesman for Minister Martin said she had been in Our Lady's Children's Hospital Crumlin for two weeks, before being transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital in a critical condition earlier this week.
    In a statement, the Martin family said they were 'heartbroken at the loss of their darling Léana'.
    'She was a beautiful light in our lives,' the statement added.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Am I correct in thinking that they lost a baby to SIDS as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

Yes. Three or four years ago, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bellx1

Think they lost a baby who was only a few hours old.
    God love them.
    R.I.P. to their little ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Yes. Eight or nine years ago. Tough on both Mary and Micheál.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

How do you pronounce Léana?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Shocking news for any family, one tragedy for a family is one too many, but two...
    God love them... deepest sympathies.

Kold wrote: »
    How do you pronounce Léana?

I'm guessing lay-nah?due to the fada

Advertisement