Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United V Tottenham ESPN 5:30

• 29-10-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

360.gifManchester United v Tottenham Hotspur367.gif

Spurs take on United at old Trafford hoping to end several incredible records

• Tottenham have failed to win any of their last 25 meetings with Manchester United in all competitions.
    • It's 21 years since Spurs last won at Old Trafford - a 1-0 victory in December 1989 courtesy of a Gary Lineker goal.
    • It's 67 games since Tottenham last won away to one of the Premier League's 'big four' of Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.
    Huddlestone and king and Defoe are absent through injury United have there own injury problems and three points would be huge for both sides. Redknapp is also considering resting Bale for the Champions league game midweek.Hopefully we will see

Gomes
    Hutton--Gallas--Kaboul--BAE

Lennon--Sandro--Modric--Bale
    VDV
    Pav

I'd be happy with a point and ecstatic with anything more

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

No crouch ? He must have assisted a few of VDV goals with knock downs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

0 in 25?!

**** that's horrendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

No crouch ? He must have assisted a few of VDV goals with knock downs ?
    Crouch has cost us several times this season with not being able to shoot with his feet or hit the target with his head I think Pav deserves it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Spurs take on United at old Trafford hoping to end several incredible records

• Tottenham have failed to win any of their last 25 meetings with Manchester United in all competitions.
    • It's 21 years since Spurs last won at Old Trafford - a 1-0 victory in December 1989 courtesy of a Gary Lineker goal.
    • It's 67 games since Tottenham last won away to one of the Premier League's 'big four' of Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.
    Huddlestone and king and Defoe are absent through injury United have there own injury problems and three points would be huge for both sides. Redknapp is also considering resting Bale for the Champions league game midweek.Hopefully we will see

Gomes
    Hutton--Gallas--Kaboul--BAE

Lennon--Sandro--Modric--Bale
    VDV
    Pav

I'd be happy with a point and ecstatic with anything more

There should be an asterix beside all those records *cough* Pedro Mendes *cough* ;)

I'd take a point in a heartbeat but I've got a feeling we can do them this time. They are really lucky to still be unbeaten and that run has to come to an end sometime. I'd say Bale will play and he will give O'Shea/Rafael/Neville a very tough afternoon if he does. I'd also go with Pav up front - he is more dangerous than Crouch who looks lost when in on goal. I'd say Crouch will start though - he has assisted nearly all of van der Vaart's goals so far. 2-1 or 3-1 Spurs. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I expect united to line up with two Defensive midfielders, probably Fletcher and Anderson... Ya sure!

but being serious...

No real idea for the united team in the midfield. If he goes 4 i can't figure out who'll play on the wings, i don't really want to see park or anderson play.

VDS
    Raf Rio Vidic Evra
    Fletch Carrick Scholes Nani Anderson/Chic (if Chic plays PArk on the left with Ando dropped)
    Berb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Can we rename the thread "Super Wham Bam Apocalypse Saturday" :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I can see a draw here, 0-0 maby 1-1

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I can see a draw here, 0-0 maby 1-1

I can't see a 0-0 anyway. Spurs have one clean sheet in the league and United have 3. Both team's strengths are going forward, I'd expect both to score tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

2-0 united !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

..................VDS
    Rafael...Ferdinand...Vidic...Evra
    ...Anderson...Scholes...Fletcher
    ...Nani....Berbatov....Chico/Park/Giggs

That would do me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

d22ontour wrote: »
    ..................VDS
    Rafael...Ferdinand...Vidic...Evra
    ...Anderson...Scholes...Fletcher
    ...Nani....Berbatov....Chico/Park/Giggs

That would do me.

with those 2 full backs i can see bale and lennon giving em a right roasting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Should be a good game. I hope. Second half of the Wolves game aside, we've been putrid to watch as of late. Not looking forward to Aaron Lennon's annual butt-fúcking of Patrice Evra.

BERBA wrote: »
    with those 2 full backs i can see bale and lennon giving em a right roasting!

Hmmm, that would depend on your back 6 giving them the freedom to do that and for it to succeed. :pac:

Lennon is too hot and cold to offer much.Bale isn't a bad player but do you honestly think the 90 minutes will be played coming down our wings ? :p
    Rafael > Ribery when we played them.
    Ribery > Bale.
    If only it was as simple as this. :D

Ribery > Bale.

you wouldnt catch me trading bale for ribery!

Hmmm, that would depend on your back 6 giving them the freedom to do that and for it to succeed. :pac:

Lennon is too hot and cold to offer much.Bale isn't a bad player but do you honestly think the 90 minutes will be played coming down our wings ? :p
    Rafael > Ribery when we played them.
    Ribery > Bale.
    If only it was as simple as this. :D
    Didn't Rafael get sent off .......
    Hopefully the good Lennon will turn up tomorrow he was starting to get some form so hopefully he's still picking up and will get even better this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Here's what I would go with:

VDS
    Raf Rio Vidic Evra
    Nani Fletch Scholes Oberton
    Berba Chico

Really go for it. If Oberton isn't able to do his bit helping out defensively then stick Fletch on the wing and play Anderson in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I'd go with:
    Amos
    Neville Ferdinand Evans Brown
    Obertan O'Shea Gibson Carrick Park
    Macheda

Form team.

Seriously tho:
    VDS
    Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
    Nani Fletcher Scholes Obertan
    Chico Berbatov

you wouldnt catch me trading bale for ribery!

Maybe in time yeah but ehm in recent big games regarding both players...Against United until Rafael got sent off Ribery didn't have a sniff but still tried to be an outlet.Bale in the 1st half against Inter in your biggest recent game was... ;)
    Statistics will show he scored a 2nd half hat trick which in fairness if scored against you, would have you screaming at the keeper for being beaten at those angles at least twice maybe trice. :eek:
    Am not doubting his ability but am saying i would be comfortable with Rafael up against him. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Maybe in time yeah but ehm in recent big games regarding both players...Against United until Rafael got sent off Ribery didn't have a sniff but still tried to be an outlet.Bale in the 1st half against Inter in your biggest recent game was... ;)
    Statistics will show he scored a 2nd half hat trick which in fairness if scored against you, would have you screaming at the keeper for being beaten at those angles at least twice maybe trice. :eek:
    Am not doubting his ability but am saying i would be comfortable with Rafael up against him. ;)

Bale's hat-trick was class.

Bale is better than Ribery.

All the smilies in the world don't say different :D;):p:rolleyes::):o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

ribery is the most overrated player on the planet,bale is far better,i would still think rafael is the best option for this game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Woah Woah Woah, what planet have i landed on? How has Bale become better then Ribery overnight? I like a good oul hero worship of the flavour of the month myself now and then, but to say he is better then Ribery, especially so conclusively as to say Bale is FAR better is just mind boggling

Ribery is still a better player than Bale, form temporary class permanet and all that

And for the record, I dont even like Ribery!

I guess VDV is better than Kaka too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

kryogen wrote: »
    Woah Woah Woah, what planet have i landed on? How has Bale become better then Ribery overnight? I like a good oul hero worship of the flavour of the month myself now and then, but to say he is better then Ribery, especially so conclusively as to say Bale is FAR better is just mind boggling

Ribery is still a better player than Bale, form temporary class permanet and all that

And for the record, I dont even like Ribery!

I guess VDV is better than Kaka too?

Over the latter half of last season and the start of this,bale has come on so much that in my opinion he's better than ribery.I just don't see where the high opinion of him comes from,he has been truly awful in many games I've seen him play for bayern and france,I cringe everytime I hear about him being linked with united,if he does ever get his move away I reckon it will only be to the knackers yard of football that is milan.

Spurs always fold at old trafford. I'd like to think they won't again, but they will.

Home win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Spurs will come away with a point today imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

*Hopes Bale fails in his OT audition today.*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Spurs to get a win today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

We're finally gonna beat United at OT today. Yay.

Bale and VDV will be the two best players on the pitch by a mile. Happy to see Sandro starting, he played fantastic when he came on against Everton. Our weakness is once again our centre backs but hopefully Sandro will provide a lot of cover.

Hopefully Lennon finally turns it on today. Would like to see better out of Modric too. I think we have a realistic chance of getting something out of today if we properly go for it.

2-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is Harry not resting Bale 'cause he's all tired and ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

VDV to show Fergie he should have signed him. He is going to haunt us today.

We need someone to sit deep and sort him out so i'd say we will be going 3 in midfield. So Ando Fletch and Scholes.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    We're finally gonna beat United at OT today. Yay.

Bale and VDV will be the two best players on the pitch by a mile. Happy to see Sandro starting, he played fantastic when he came on against Everton. Our weakness is once again our centre backs but hopefully Sandro will provide a lot of cover.

Hopefully Lennon finally turns it on today. Would like to see better out of Modric too. I think we have a realistic chance of getting something out of today if we properly go for it.

2-3
    Wait has the team been released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wait has the team been released?

No. :/ D'oh.

If Bale is rested surely Krancjar has to get a start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I've a seeking suspiscion that it's going to be a goal fest, so maybe:

3-2 to either team, not sure who i'll think will win

or 3-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

4-1 to United.

VDV to open the scoring in the first 20 minutes, Nani to equalise before halftime, Berbagol to score a couple in the second half along with Hernandez for the craic of it, the latter 3 goals scored in no particular order. Confident it'll finish simular to that, but United to win comfortably anyway.

Nailz wrote: »
    4-1 to United.

VDV to open the scoring in the first 20 minutes, Nani to equalise before halftime, Berbagol to score a couple in the second half along with Hernandez for the craic of it, the latter 3 goals scored in no particular order. Confident it'll finish simular to that, but United to win comfortably anyway.

3-2 to Spurs.

Spurs to give our opponent the now customary early goal - Nani. United to take their foot off the gas and Bale & van der Vaart to score either side of half-time. Pavlyuchenko to notch a 3rd with United pushing on. Assou-Ekotto to concede a stupid penalty in the last 10 minutes, Nani converting. Spurs to hold out despite some nervy moments including Hernandez missing a sitter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

United win for me, Spurs look more focused on the midweek CL tie for some reason, rumours on SSN that alot of big names been rested today which is mad, should be focusing on getting 4ith again, CL is a treat this year

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    United win for me, Spurs look more focused on the midweek CL tie for some reason, rumours on SSN that alot of big names been rested today which is mad, should be focusing on getting 4ith again, CL is a treat this year
    I think thats mind games we have already said league is most important

TheDoc wrote: »

cant believe that harry would rest bale today , surely he should be able to play 2 games in a week !!! , he's had 6 days rest.

premier league is the priority for me over champ league any day.

Rest Bale?

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

United team: VDS, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Park, Hernandez, Berbatov

Subs: Kus, Brown, Smalling, Scholes, O'shea, Obertan, Bebe

They better be right this week!

Wonder what Scholes did to end up on the bench for the past two games?!

mars bar wrote: »
    United team: VDS, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Park, Hernandez, Berbatov

Seeing Carrick in the teamsheet always brings a smile to my face ..18.6 million:D

• Advertisement

No Evan's on the bench, hopefully he'll get the message.

When was the last time Carrick started a game? :eek:

He's been awful the last few times he's played in fairness.

I've a feeling park may play on Bale's side to keep him quite, though Lennon on the other side needs watching too. If results stay the same this is a massive chance for United to get right back in touch with the leaders, despite a pretty mediocre start to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No Evan's on the bench, hopefully he'll get the message.

When was the last time Carrick started a game? :eek:

Tuesday.

flahavaj wrote: »
    If results stay the same

chelsea 2-1 up !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Spurs team:
    Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Jenas, Modric, Bale, VDV, Keane

Bench:
    Cudicini, Pav, Palacios, Crouch, Bassong, Kranjcar, Sandro

Seeing Carrick in the teamsheet always brings a smile to my face ..18.6 million:D
    3 titles and a champions league, he was worth it.

Tuesday.
    I meant an important game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Spurs team:
    Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Jenas, Modric, Bale, VDV, Keane

Bench:

Robbie Keane!? Is this a wind-up?? Who's the source? No word yet from SpursOnSide...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Says the Spurs fan with Berba as his nick, change it already or something.

Spurs team:

Bench:

That team looks incredible going forward but United can score goal against that defence and Jenas will have a lot of defensive work to do on his own in midfield.

I see there being a lot of goals today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement