Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United V Tottenham ESPN 5:30

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

niallo27 wrote: »
    Show me clips of torres diving so, you do realise not everything mr Ferguson is true, do you back the glaziers too as Ferguson does too

So no Liverpool player dives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I love the way rival fans throw tantrums about nani's behaviour when there's usually at least one like that in every team. At least most united supporters admit he has his cringe moments but Torres at liverpool is as bad but no pool supporter can admit that

Wrong man methinks! Torres doesn't have a record for diving for absolutely no reason or no contact.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

K-9 wrote: »
    Fair enough on the balloon goal, what did the Ref do wrong today?

didn't blow the whistle and give a free for either handball or dive. thats what he done wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Iang87 wrote: »
    why cant united fans realise its another blatantly wrong decision at old trafford.

So what was wrong with it ?
    Was there a foul commited on Nani ? Debatable ?
    If not then gomes was given advantage ?
    He took advantage by moving the ball forward 12 yards.
    He lost that advantage by dropping the ball ?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

flahavaj wrote: »
    So no Liverpool player dives?

i didnt say that, we were talking about torres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Just seen the goal there, how many points are these refs worth to utd during the season, shocking but I'd love if it was my club

The score was 1-0 at the time so I don't know where the gift was. The game was over at that stage. Spurs never looked like scoring.

Either way we would have won the game.

Now - Come on the BOLTON

Iang87 wrote: »
    didn't blow the whistle and give a free for either handball or dive. thats what he done wrong

He played advantage, so yes, he did penalise United. Unfortunately, Gomez didn't realise that, but the ref never blew the whistle.

Can't see the point in playing advantage in that scenario, but still, that's what the ref did.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Show me clips of torres diving so, you do realise not everything mr Ferguson is true, do you back the glaziers too as Ferguson does too

Sense, this makes none.

Are we surprised ? :o

d22ontour wrote: »
    Sense, this makes none.

Are we surprised ? :o

I want to see clips of torres diving.
    Mr ferguson said torres was a cheat.
    Mr ferguson says he back the glaziers.
    Mr ferguson tahs ****e

Mr ferguson tahs ****e

If by tahs you mean talks then he's not the only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Ah your a manc, it all makes sense now
    karma_ wrote: »
    It should not be necessary for me to explain to you just why a free should have been awarded when a player deliberately handles the ball and stops play.

Poor karma, was your eyesight not functioning for the 3 seconds prior to the handball?

We have a right pair here.

bitter-ass-05web.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mr ferguson tahs ****e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78OJDSZ2Ms&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Btw, wtf is up with the Mr. Ferguson stuff? Do you idolise Rafa to the extent that you mimic his mannerisms. That's just weird. But it's consistent with your RAWK-standard posts I suppose.

Mr ferguson tahs ****e

Am sure you can find some if you really bothered.
    When you do well then that would confirm that he cheats. Diving = cheating.
    People said the earth was flat, that didn't make it so.Would you rather he said, oh these guys have just raped the club i love into 700m+ debt.I hate these guys ? :rolleyes:
    When you edit the last part so it makes sense then yes he talks shíte at times. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Some of the levels of retardation shown by some members of this forum is kinda funny. Some of you know nothing about the game and are showing that you are more ABU than supporters of your own team.

And whoever keeps calling United 'the rags' (I think its Karma) knock it off its embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Must have been another Raphael out there today cause the one I saw was decent and nothing more. Probably just this week's circle jerk selection.

Well they need something other than the second goal to talk about. :pac:

Ridiculous decision for the second goal, ridiculous goalkeeping and generally stupid from spurs, United were alive to it and Spurs weren't. It's just a pity that towards the end of the season there may well be people pointing back to this when Spurs were already a goal down.

p_larkin99 wrote: »

And whoever keeps calling United 'the rags' (I think its Karma) knock it off its embarrassing.

Ah it's harmless banter tbh. :)

Ah it's harmless banter tbh. :)

Nah. Its pretty irritating. Should be able to have a debate (lol, on here?) without sly little digs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

You prove my point exactly. There's numerous times, the one that comes to mind most is the farce at the world cup when he got a chilean sent off. Of course you never see these but yet you expect other supporters to demand players from their own teams to be crucified, that is either trolling or hypocritical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

#15 wrote: »

eh, that's not a dive.

Btw, wtf is up with the Mr. Ferguson stuff? Do you idolise Rafa to the extent that you mimic his mannerisms. That's just weird. But it's consistent with your RAWK-standard posts I suppose.

Sure he is banjaxed. That was the hamstring going!

Bye niallo.

Hi Chucky.

Its like they have a rota.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

eh, that's not a dive.

Did he get up and say "ref i tripped over my own feet", did he fcuk. He stayed down until the man was sent off. But you didn't see that:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bye niallo.

Hi Chucky.

Aww, still sulking? Bless.

Did he get up and say "ref i tripped over my own feet", did he fcuk. He stayed down until the man was sent off. But you didn't see that:rolleyes:

To me it looks as if the chilean player caught him with the top of his knee at 8 seconds. Either that or Torres has immense timing.

• Advertisement

Its also really funny how theres outrage over nani's diving.

Its horrible to see but sadly its the norm in football. Every team has at least one player who dives and many more who are willing to do so to gain an advantage. Sadly its a plague on the sport and theres been no sign of getting rid of it. But **** off with your outrage over it.

Bye niallo.

Hi Chucky.

Arguing with a manc

To me it looks as if the chilean player caught him with the top of his knee at 8 seconds. Either that or Torres has immense timing.

specsavers_logo_rgb%281%29.jpg

Hi niallo.

Double shift?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

RAWK must actually be gone into meltdown this time...

• Advertisement

eh, that's not a dive.

Must have been the wind.

denial.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

eh, that's not a dive.

Its a space station

Must have been the wind.

denial.jpg

And you lot wonder why everyone hates ye

Hi niallo!

*Waves*

Why does everyone hate us niallo?

Please Niallo, tell us more reasons why people like you hate us so we can immediately fix them.

There is nothing that means more to us then your approval.

Everybody say hi to niallo!

Hi niallo.

*Waves*

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Please Niallo, tell us more reasons why people like you hate us so we can immediately fix them.

There is nothing that means more to us then your approval.

Its says it all there, dont add anything

Hate is such a strong word, dislikes might be more appropriate. :pac:

Hate is such a strong word, dislikes might be more appropriate. :pac:

ya your right, its a strong dislike

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Great result today.

Made spurs look average to be honest. Once VDV went off united completely dominated the game and held out comfortably.

Thanks Gomes by the way. Awesome the way he dropped the ball for no reason, easiest goal Nani will ever score. But at least he was paying attention.

Lol to all the haters and as ever no surprise niallo is here once more. Actually reading his posts makes the victory that little bit sweeter. It's like he can't help his inner ABU coming out. Looking forward to reading his posts in the next united thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

We all know why everyone hates us, because we win things..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I suppose when you're all much much older - say 23 or so - you'll be looking back at these arguments and you'll be thinking 'what was I spending my time with back then?'

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What a mad finish to that game!
    I was watching the game with a referee and he deems it as a goal (although he is a United fan, he still tends to be fair when he has his ref cap on). The ref didn't blow his whistle so the game goes on.

Whether Nani has fouled the ball first is questionable. In my eyes, yes he has handled the ball and it should be a free out.

Anywhoo, we didn't look like losing that match so it's done and dusted.

My MOTM:

Nani (I actually think when he gets the ball these days, that something is gonna happen. How nice is that?!)
    Rafael (The lad is maturing at an alarming rate. Solid, solid performance.)
    Vidic (A rock at the back and a great header to boot!)

Carrick did a grand job. We were playing at a much slower tempo today I felt and it suited him.

mars bar wrote: »

Whether Nani has fouled the ball first is questionable. In my eyes, yes he has handled the ball and it should be a free out.

Even if he did, Gomes had it in his hands, which is much bigger advantage then having to take a free two yards out.

Even if he did think it was a free, why did he march 10 yards forward and roll it in front of him. Doesnt make much sense

Even if he did, Gomes had it in his hands, which is much bigger advantage then having to take a free two yards out.

Even if he did think it was a free, why did he march 10 yards forward and roll it in front of him. Doesnt make much sense

What Gomes did doesn't make sense at all, I agree with that. But Nani has taken it upon himself to deliberately handle the ball so that's a free out.

I'm not gonna complain though. :)

Good point. Never thought of that.

If he thought it was a free, he'd take it from the spot, not take it forward 8 yards!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

What Gomes did doesn't make sense at all, I agree with that. But Nani has taken it upon himself to deliberately handle the ball so that's a free out.

I'm not gonna complain though. :)

Nope. It's only a free if the ref blows his whislte. I actually don't know where the arguments are coming from. It's so clear cut. Might seem harsh but Gomes ****ed up.It happens.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Nope. It's only a free if the ref blows his whislte. I actually don't know where the arguments are coming from. It's so clear cut. Might seem harsh but Gomes ****ed up.It happens.

I KNOW THE REF DIDN'T GIVE A FREE!!!!

I'm saying that if I was a ref and I saw Nani going for the ball like that when I didn't have any intention of giving a penalty or free to him, then it'd be a free out and a yellow card to him.

lordgoat wrote: »

Not aimed at you mars but i just cannot understand why people cannot get their heads around it. No whistle means no free kick. You cant take it upon yourself to award one and march a few yards forward. Its Gomes fault completely

• Advertisement

I KNOW THE REF DIDN'T GIVE A FREE!!!!

I'm saying that if I was a ref and I saw Nani going for the ball like that when I didn't have any intention of giving a penalty or free to him, then it'd be a free out and a yellow card to him.

Ok maybe i should have aimed it at you....

Do you not think he was playing an advantage, letting the game carry on. Gomes had the ball in hand with a few minutes left. The game can continue quickly without having to stop, march him back a few yards etc. Gomes decided himself it was a free kick when he could have just carried on. That to me is the **** up

Advertisement