Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United V Tottenham ESPN 5:30

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

RasTa wrote: »
    Says the Spurs fan with Berba as his nick, change it already or something.

31 million reasons to smile over good ol berba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

THFC wrote: »
    Robbie Keane!? Is this a wind-up?? Who's the source? No word yet from SpursOnSide...

MUTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

BERBA wrote: »

I'd have him back in a heartbeat

I'd have him back in a heartbeat

everdead he made his bed...let him lie in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Far better player than any striker ye have atm, lets be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

mars bar wrote: »
    United team: VDS, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Park, Hernandez, Berbatov

Subs: Kus, Brown, Smalling, Scholes, O'shea, Obertan, Bebe

They better be right this week!

Wonder what Scholes did to end up on the bench for the past two games?!

Carrick! Oh dear god!

At least Keane is starting. He couldn't finish his dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Seeing Carrick in the teamsheet always brings a smile to my face ..18.6 million:D

Two league and one European title? It was probably worth it :)

No Anderson is annoying. We really are weak in the wings. Lets hope Park can find some serious form circa 2 years ago or Obertan can step it up.

PHB wrote: »
    Three you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I think crouch is starting not keane

would think that alot of genuine utd supporters would think he wasnt worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I think crouch is starting not keane
    Keane according to the beeb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Teams look very closely matched - shows that not only have United declined, but Spurs are much improved.

1-1, I think.

First couple of seasons was just fine in my opinion, held a place in the team over a European Cup victory and a few league titles. Surely that says something.

Nailz wrote: »
    Three you mean?

Ah I don't really think he was a major part of the team that won the 3rd. I think we won the 3rd one in spite of him. The first two though, he played an absolutely massive role.

He's turned to absolute ****e in the last year and a half, but for the first two, he was essential and worth it.

• Advertisement

Well worth it. His form has dropped for whatever reason since the start of last season but still good value over the years IMO.

Not worth £18m. He has to perform today. We have to win today after Chelsea and Arsenal have done the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Oh Christ, looks like Keane is starting... Hopefully this'll be a masterstroke by Harry and he'll get us a goal or 2...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

NickDrake wrote: »
    Not worth £18m. He has to perform today. We have to win today after Chelsea and Arsenal have done the business.
    Did we not have have to win beforehand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Hey guys i dont have ESPN and i normaly steam the match at ATDHE.net but he site is down. Do you guys have any other links to watch the match??

• Advertisement

think it could end up 5-5 with the defence we got out tonight

Did we not have have to win beforehand?

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Cadzer wrote: »
    Hey guys i dont have ESPN and i normaly steam the match at ATDHE.net but he site is down. Do you guys have any other links to watch the match??

http://www.rojadirecta.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I put a link in the streams thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Not confident if that's the team. Midfield should be Bale, Modric, Sandro, VDV, Lennon imo, Jenas and Keane should not be in the line up.

Apart from CB we are actually capable of fielding a stronger side than United imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Seeing Carrick in the line up doesn't inspire confidence at all, neither does having Nani and Rafael on Gareth Bale duty as the former is unlikely to try a leg defensively and the latter will most probably haul Bale down in a dangerous position.
    Hopefully we'll see Scholes on for Carrick sooner rather than later, apart from that it's not a bench thats heaving with treaths to Spurs at all.:(

Glazers Out!

Kold wrote: »
    Not confident if that's the team. Midfield should be Bale, Modric, Sandro, VDV, Lennon imo, Jenas and Keane should not be in the line up.

Apart from CB we are actually capable of fielding a stronger side than United imo.

Most of the top 6 is capable of fielding a stronger midfield than United at present. It's our back 4, our wingers and our front 2 that give us the advantage, and has been that way for at least a year and a half.

Today United are going to introduce the little pea to Londoners :)

°°°°°

The Spurs bench is an embarrassment of riches compared to Uniteds bench which is (bar Scholes) just an embarrassment.

Glazers Out!

Wouldn't shock me at all, at all, to see Nani on the left and Park on the right, in order to deal with Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Thanks for the quick reply lads!!! 2 -0 United . Vidic and Nani !! :D

• Advertisement

Potest march against the Glazers happening near OT

°°°°°

Wouldn't shock me at all, at all, to see Nani on the left and Park on the right, in order to deal with Bale.

Could be true, Nani would have the pace to catch Bale but as I already said, he's no more interested in defending than he is capabale.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Download Sopcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

How I wish we had Woody, King, Dawson and Defoe fit :( If Lennon doesn't play well I think we should push Bale right and bring out Krancjar.

I have a bad feeling about this match... Looks like Harry's taking the old Kevin Keegan approach...

Spurs full of attacking players.

United will win this easily imo.

United's fullbacks, goalkeeper and strikers are better than Spurs' as well IMO.

Evra + Rafael/O' Shea >>>>>>> Hutton + BAE

VDS > Gomes

Berba + Chico (not to mention Roo) >>>> Defoe/Keane/Pav/Crouch.

Ye have an excellent squad but lets not get carried away here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I've tried all these Sopcast channels and none of them are working, is this the same with everyone?

Anyone have any working channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Can't see why Crouch isn't starting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I've tried all these Sopcast channels and none of them are working, is this the same with everyone?

Try some of these:
    http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=91323&part=sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Nemanja91 wrote: »

Wait til the match starts

flahavaj wrote: »
    United's fullbacks, goalkeeper and strikers are better than Spurs' as well IMO.

Evra + Rafael/O' Shea >>>>>>> Hutton + BAE

VDS > Gomes

Berba + Chico (not to mention Roo) >>>> Defoe/Keane/Pav/Crouch.

Ye have an excellent squad but lets not get carried away here.

Eh, Gomes is better than VDS. Not to mention Van der Vaart, Huddlestone and Modric are better than Scholes, Anderson, Fletcher and Gibson. Also Lennon and Bale are a better combo than Giggs/Park and Nani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Not feeling all that confident about this one but should be a good open match.

Cmon United!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Eh, Gomes is better than VDS. Not to mention Van der Vaart, Huddlestone and Modric are better than Scholes, Anderson, Fletcher and Gibson. Also Lennon and Bale are a better combo than Giggs/Park and Nani.
    Yeah, but my cock is bigger than yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

G'wan Spurs. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Carrick will score between the 36th and 45th minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

best one sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/82153

Shouldn't Spurs be challenging for the league then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

edit: Cant be arsed actually its a match thread

I didn't mention central midfield or wingers. I was taking issue with yer man saying that only at CB were Spurs stronger than United when that's clearly not the case.

There's nothing between VDS and Gomes IMO, I'd take VDS as he's so reliable even at 40.

• Advertisement
Advertisement