Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United V Tottenham ESPN 5:30

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It wasn't. watch it again. his flag is pointed at the ground the entire way from Nani going towards goal (and going down) to Gomes assuming he had got a free, putting the ball down and Nani putting it in the net. At every single point of that, the flag is pointed at the ground.

I love how people bitch about Nani handling it because he ASSUMED he had got a free, and none of it is Gomes' fault because he ASSUMED he had got a free.

He flag was up, that's why the ref went over. I'd say the linesman thought the ref was going to call play back straight away when Nani stuck it in but when he realised plankberg was going to award the goal so he sticks up his flag and tells him Nani handled it and it should be a free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Kold wrote: »
    Clattenberg is a shocking excuse for a referee. Next time he ought to kit up in a red jersey so at least we don't think we might have a chance at a fair game.

The two yellows for our centre backs in the first half? Hilarious.

Utterly mugged.

The better team won, no ? Bale was kept quiet mostly,Lennon was his usual huff and puff.You really missed VDV when he went off, thought he had a decent game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Yes, play had stopped (as in Gomez picked up the ball). Then Gomez put the ball on the ground and Nani scored.

Wrong, play never stopped . . I know the ABU's will love making more out of this , watch it tonight . . Fletcher said the ref never blew the whistle . .

Again, were roles reversed, we wouldnt be discussing the goal, united fans would be defending the perceived awful actions of their players in surrounding the ref/linesman . . :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Surprised Gallas didn't go on strike and just sit in the centre circle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Does anybody notice that gomes goes to take the kick and clattenberg tells him to stop and thats why he doesn't take the kick out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

He flag was up, that's why the ref went over.

His flag was not up when Gomez rolled out the ball to play on. I haven't seen on any replays when exactly the flag went up but it seems to be a while after the ball was already in the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Implying VDV wasn't the best player out there...

Rafael was the best player out there. Even Michael Carrick shít all over your midfield.

Yes, Michael Carrick, the same man Spuds like to claim that they fleeced a ton of money off United for in return for Carrick and a load of domestic and European medals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

miralize wrote: »
    yeah because united winning 1-0 didnt matter

Yes, because an equaliser was more likely at 1-0.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Does anybody notice that gomes goes to take the kick and clattenberg tells him to stop and thats why he doesn't take the kick out
    Was that just before Nani scored?

Great win for Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

No, on my TV he put in hand to his side..as if to say what are you waiting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Gomes ****ed up, no whistle was blown

Yes, because an equaliser was more likely at 1-0.

Aw bless, you actually thought Spurs looked like getting something out of that game.

How adorable.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Rafael was the best player out there. Even Michael Carrick shít all over your midfield.

Yes, Michael Carrick, the same man Spuds like to claim that they fleeced a ton of money off United for in return for Carrick and a load of domestic and European medals.
    I'm sorry but Modric was class that's bollox

Look if Gomez had kicked it out of his hands, like he ran forward to do, and it went through to Crouch who scored would we then be complaining that a free kick hadn't been taking of would we be commending the ref for playing a good advantage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Hands up who thought it was possible to find a bigger cheat in football than C.Ronaldo. I did'nt it was that's for sure but lord and behold along comes Nani. The guy turns diving into an art form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

THFC wrote: »
    Well, at least he has the ability to catch a ball...:rolleyes:

Typical Untied fan. Bad winner and cant acknowledge (yet another) poor refereeing decision.

Google Cartman tears in google images. I have tried to put it here twice especially for you. YOUR KEEPER ****ED UP.
    Did the ref book nani for the dive was the question.
    Not 'was it a dive'. I haven't even seen it and I know it was a dive.
    Answer the question, please.

So why are you even here? You didnt watch it but want to havea say. Its pathetic at this stage.
    Ref played advantage as Gomez looked to continue play quickly with a throw or a kick, signalled by him picking up the ball and running to nearly the edge of the box. Gomez changes his mind and ****s up. End of story.

Park should get MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In saying that Hutton should also have been booked, and probably Jenas.
    Well Hutton's was just mistimed and not really late or anything, totally different to the Evra one which potentially stopped a counter attack.

I don't support either side, the better team won on the day too but really Clattenberg was not good today.

No, on my TV he put in hand to his side..as if to say what are you waiting for.
    Look at the replay Gomes goes to kick it then tells him to stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

very same man who dived in 2009 for another injustice against Spurs at old trafford.

17 million for him is more than a joke tbh, it's an entire comedy stand-up routine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Anyone who watched that game and thinks Spurs were robbed are deluded

I'm sorry but Modric was class that's bollox

lol

Ok, is there gonna be a DVD of Modric's class performance then?

Maybe he was class by your standards, but we come to expect better than that at a big like United.

We didn't play well, I'm not claiming we did. I'm just saying that we were mugged. Which we were.

As for Rafael playing better than VDV. lolwut?

Implying you wouldn't love him on your team.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well Hutton's was just mistimed and not really late or anything, totally different to the Evra one which potentially stopped a counter attack.

I don't support either side, the better team won on the day too but really Clattenberg was not good today.

Which Hutton foul are you talking about?

PS I thought it was a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Drumpot wrote: »
    Again, were roles reversed, we wouldnt be discussing the goal, united fans would be defending the perceived awful actions of their players in surrounding the ref/linesman . . :rolleyes:

Clattenburg wouldn't have the cojones to do the same against United, much less in Old Trafford!

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Park should get MOTM
    Not for me. Between Fletcher, Nani and Vidic.

Look if Gomez had kicked it out of his hands, like he ran forward to do, and it went through to Crouch who scored would we then be complaining that a free kick hadn't been taking of would we be commending the ref for playing a good advantage?

This man talks the sense. I can imagine here if Gomes pumps it up field and the ref blows to bring it back. People here would have a go at the ref for not allowing the game to flow. You cant have it both ways.

lol

Maybe he was class by your standards, but we come to expect better than that at a big like United.

lolol itrolu!!!111

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Should have given a penalty, but didn't
    If he didn't think it was a penalty, he should have booked nani

so 1 bad decision for each,

after that it's gomes's fault

• Advertisement

Saw it twice before i made my post.

We didn't play well, I'm not claiming we did. I'm just saying that we were mugged. Which we were.

As for Rafael playing better than VDV. lolwut?

Implying you wouldn't love him on your team.

Well, it's quite simple. Rafael nullified your most in form player, and some would say, best player.

VDV did what, hit the post?

Sure by that logic Park played a cracker, he hit the post. Nani played a cracker, he hit the post too. Of course, he also had an awesome goal and a superb assist, so it's much more of a realistic claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No he does not.

very same man who dived in 2009 for another injustice against Spurs at old trafford.

17 million for him is more than a joke tbh, it's an entire comedy stand-up routine

And yet United and Carrick with all their medals are laughing! :pac:

Alright to end all the arguments I'll go back in time in my DeLorean and award the freekick. What's that? United win 1-0? I'm still happy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I can see why Gomez is pissed off.

Watch it. Gomez says to the ref '" is it a freekick'" - the Ref nods (Whether to him or Nani - who knows) so Gomez says OK.. Great. Then Nani scores.

Honestly if you are OK with this 'goal' then they should just stop football now. Just stop the league. Why bother with it? If it's pre-decided then the whole thing is pointless. There is no point. It's supposed to be a sport.

PS I thought it was a penalty

Nice to see someone use a level head. If it was in the United box there would be uproar about the peno not been given.

Lets leave Alan Hansen, Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer decide it was a goal. Two strikers against one defender says they might award it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

THFC wrote: »
    Typical Untied fan. Bad winner and cant acknowledge (yet another) poor refereeing decision.

I'm usually the most gracious man in the world, but some of the pre-match sh*te ye were spouting pre game was laughable.

Ye were well beaten today, second best all over the pitch. Rafael restricted Bale brilliantly and United's so called inferior midfield were clearly superior. It was a penalty anyway IMO so I don't know what you're crying about. The icing on the cake is the moronic mistake by your keeper that you were bigging up before the game.

Maybe next time you'll wait till after the game before running your mouth.:)

• Advertisement

lol

I think your deluded if you think he wasn't excellent small man in the middle of the park constantly was winning the ball and starting attacks he was far better then carrick.
    We weren't good enough to win the match but to not be able to see a very good performance is ridiculous

Which Hutton foul are you talking about?
    I only remember the one, on Hernandez.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Good old Calamity Gomes.

Spurs were getting nothing from the game, even if you disregard the stone wall penalty which people seem to be doing for the sake of feeling sorry for themselves, there was nothing wrong with the goal.

Mister men wrote: »
    Honestly if you are OK with this 'goal' then they should just stop football now.

Hahahahahhahahahaahahaha

Oh God, I thought offering a replay or giving Spurs a free goal was good.

But apparently we should.....stop football.

Hahahahaahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Watch it. Gomez says to the ref '" is it a freekick'" - the Ref nods (Whether to him or Nani - who knows) so Gomez says OK.. Great. Then Nani scores.

When the F does that happen?

Well, it's quite simple. Rafael nullified your most in form player, and some would say, best player.

VDV did what, hit the post?

Sure by that logic Park played a cracker, he hit the post. Nani played a cracker, he hit the post too. Of course, he also had an awesome goal and a superb assist, so it's much more of a realistic claim.

That's why we constantly ran down the left hand side and put crosses in. Yes, good job Rafael. Crosses weren't the greatest but I wouldn't have been happy about that performance. You're trolling hard though so I'm going to stop responding to blatant baiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Honestly if you are OK with this 'goal' then they should just stop football now. Just stop the league. Why bother with it? If it's pre-decided then the whole thing is pointless. There is no point. It's supposed to be a sport.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D you must have on the pitch

Go back to yer Spurs supporters club!

That's why we constantly ran down the left hand side and put crosses in. Yes, good job Rafael. Crosses weren't the greatest but I wouldn't have been happy about that performance. You're trolling hard though so I'm going to stop responding to blatant baiting.

Not trolling at all, just pointing out that you were a bit foolish to guarantee a win considering you haven't beaten us in what is it now, 25 attempts?

You said Spurs would win. You were wrong.

You said Bale and VDV would be the best by "a mile". You were wrong.

I know you love all those internet meme's, so please imagine one of those super hilarious "deal with it" pictures here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Did you take your ABU juice to make that one up ? ? The ref didnt blow for a free . .

If the ref confirmed it was a free to Gomez, why did he try to take the free over 20 yards from where the foul was ?

That aside, the behind the goal angle shows that the ref is clearly stating to Gomez that there is no free and to play on . .

Everything from Spurs came down that side of the pitch. Rafael did ok but he wasn't great or anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement