Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

My elite 360's GPU has melted and so has my brain

• 29-10-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Right, my xbox overheated and something exploded inside it. I'm currently getting sound when I boot it up but no video. I've confirmed it's nothing to do with the cables or the TV.

I bought the machine in 2007 which would mean the extended 3 year warranty would have expired, even if it applied here. I'm getting no red rings or anything, just the problem I've described.

So, I need to know the following:

Do I have any chance of getting Microsoft to fix the machine for me free of charge under some kind of warranty scheme they may have announced after it became clear that their crap machines were destroying lives?

If not, where would I get it repaired in Dublin and how much would it cost?

If that's too cost prohibitive or otherwise not advisable, is it possible to buy one of the cheapo Xbox packages, pluck my 120gb HD out of the machine I currently have and slot it into a new one?

I need to get this fixed ASAP as I'll be going home to my folks' place in a couple of weeks and will need video games to prevent the onset of insanity.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

seems we are still in 2010 your 360 would only be out of warranty by a couple of months if its out of warranty at all.
    I would call microsoft first and go down the im not taking no for an awnser route first and tell them the whole im buying a ps3 thing (heard it works but havnt tried it).
    even if they say no at least you know where you stand but try to be very persuasive but not pushy.

Advertisement