Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of Horrors Cherrymount

• 29-10-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I brought my eldest who is 8 to this today. We went for the "no scare" show and I have to say the amount of detail and effort that went into it is fantastic and the dancers doing Thriller at the end were brilliant.

I'd love to go to the full one myself with all the scares. The house is very freaky and even the no scare one had me a bit on edge. I'd say it's great though. The guy at the door told me that even teenagers were walking out last night as it was too scarey for them. He said it's over 10s but even at that a 10 year old might be frightened by it. Well worth the 3 euro which is all going to charity (Childrens Group Link I think?)

Definitley recommend going for a look but there's a bit of a waiting time so just be sure that your little one is up for it before you queue as I saw women today waiting with their children and coming out within 2 mins of getting in the door as the children were scared.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Ha, thought it was another thread of a "family" after moving into an estate causing panic and mayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I brought my eldest who is 8 to this today. We went for the "no scare" show and I have to say the amount of detail and effort that went into it is fantastic and the dancers doing Thriller at the end were brilliant.

Great charity the link, must bring the kids over, tonight is it still open? kids will love it

I'd love to go to the full one myself with all the scares. The house is very freaky and even the no scare one had me a bit on edge. I'd say it's great though. The guy at the door told me that even teenagers were walking out last night as it was too scarey for them. He said it's over 10s but even at that a 10 year old might be frightened by it. Well worth the 3 euro which is all going to charity (Childrens Group Link I think?)

Definitley recommend going for a look but there's a bit of a waiting time so just be sure that your little one is up for it before you queue as I saw women today waiting with their children and coming out within 2 mins of getting in the door as the children were scared.

heard its great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Just been to it and the presentation was excellent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,653 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Volunteerd out there myself. A huge amount of work was put it into it over the last couple of months. all of us who volunteerd out there loved every second of it. The dancers were brillent and the amount of practice they put it was unreal. I think overall they done 200 dances over the past week (sick of that thriller song now lol). The final curtain call was tonight and its sad to see it end. This is just the start it will be back better and scarier than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

I live on this street and I have to say I was very unhappy with it. I can appreciate doing something like this for a good cause, however it should not be in a residential estate. There was what I can only assume to be a cast party on the 30th and the level of noise was too high. There had to be a PA system, and there was certainly no need for one.

The homeowner sent out a letter to all the residents on the street saying he was going to put on the show. For the few days the street was taken up by fences, "security" and cones. I was queried going up my own street with the car every time.

Correct me if i'm wrong but is there not a building for Childrens Group Link up by Super Value?.... Would that not be a more viable location? and a convenient car park adjacent to it in Super Value?

Mr House Of Horrors..... If you happened to come across this post, please be more considerate of your neighbors next time and I would urge you to find a more reasonable location for your next "charitable" venture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

2Bv¬2B wrote: »
    I live on this street and I have to say I was very unhappy with it. I can appreciate doing something like this for a good cause, however it should not be in a residential estate. There was what I can only assume to be a cast party on the 30th and the level of noise was too high. There had to be a PA system, and there was certainly no need for one.

The homeowner sent out a letter to all the residents on the street saying he was going to put on the show. For the few days the street was taken up by fences, "security" and cones. I was queried going up my own street with the car every time.

Correct me if i'm wrong but is there not a building for Childrens Group Link up by Super Value?.... Would that not be a more viable location? and a convenient car park adjacent to it in Super Value?

Mr House Of Horrors..... If you happened to come across this post, please be more considerate of your neighbors next time and I would urge you to find a more reasonable location for your next "charitable" venture.

How many days did the event go on for?
    Did the party go on late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I noticed that alright..there were "guarda" traffic cones and you couldnt get down the road..i agree it would be a nightmare (no pun intended) if you lived on the street to get in or out of your house with the volume of cars

I assumed though that all residents would have been notified and have to give permission for this to go ahead?

Sorry to hear this was not the case

I think it went on for 6 days from Tuesday to Sunday..the guy at the door told me it was nearly gone 12 each night and it finishing up and they getting home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I assumed though that all residents would have been notified and have to give permission for this to go ahead?

Ha........ permission... I doubt he needed it given his background & relatives, he was constructing the place well in advance before haloween. He sent out a letter to the residents on the street explaining what he was doing. He gave everyone 2 free passes for the week long inconvieniance.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't appreciate having a large line of children outside my window every night screaming and yelling for the entire week.

Advertisement