Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question for people doing music or tech graphics

• 29-10-2010 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

hey, i've finished college and am looking at teaching grinds in these subjects. however, i'm not sure which of the revolving syllabus is on this years music exam, is it berlioz and mozart or tch and bach? also, if you are doing it, do you know if the fifth years are doing the same one as you? just to see if i need to brush up on the syllabus i didn't do! :pac:

also, is the tech graphics course the same as three years ago? again, just to see what i need to brush up on! i know you might not know but all the tech graphics teachers i know have moved away, dunno who to ask..

sorry about how inarticulately that was put, hope you get the jist! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

The Tech Graphics course is still the same. The LC Tech Drawing course is now called DCG (Design and Communication Graphics).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Music is Queen Tch Barry course.

As far i know fifth years doing it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DavidKelly1

Present 5th and 6th Years are all studying the following for music

1. Romeo and Juliet Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
    2. Barry
    3. Bach
    4. Queen: Bohemian Rhaspody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gavitron22

thanks for the response people that's great that's the course that i did and was not looking forward to going over seachanges or whatever! that's grand should make looking at doing the grinds slightly easier, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Tech Graph is now called Design and communication Graphics. The last year that the old course was examined was 2008.

The new course includes a project which is 40% and is very different to the rest of the exam. Rather than drawing and understanding geometric relations etc. it's about researching and designing an existing piece of technology and then designing a new one, mainly using the program Solidworks.

From what I can gather from my teacher, the main differences between the old and new course is that the old course had you study a few topics in extreme detail, the new one gives you more topics to do but in less depth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement