Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INTER HOME - Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

If we beat Bremen in the next game, we've definitely qualified for the last 16

(If Twente win their last two games, they'll have 11 points and Inter could only have a max of ten points - we've got a better GD in the two games against Inter, so if we finish on the same points, we automatically above them in the table).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

chri$t Levy needs to splash out on a top class striker now in Jan to get us back in top 4...that should be a priority to get top 4 again now to keep Bale.

BERBA wrote: »
    Levy needs to splash out on a top class striker now in Jan to get us back in top 4...

And a centre half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I agree, imagine if we had someone like Milito or Eto'o on our side, we'd be unbelievable. I'll say one thing, Kaboul has been impressing me. I thought he was really excellent tonight, both defending and moving the ball forward. He seems to be turning into a really excellent defender.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

LOL Harry says they're in drug testing Bale at the moment. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Some performance - with Dawson and Defoe coming back that will put huge strength to our squad - would love another centre half in january - Keano will probably be on his way out but a lot of clubs might stay clear due to his wages and age !!! but some performance tonight - great to see the lane rocking - !!!! COYS !!!!!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

What a night! A bit nervous when eto'o scored but bale was just awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

tippspur wrote: »
    GET IN !!!:D
    SuprSi wrote: »
    I agree, imagine if we had someone like Milito or Eto'o on our side, we'd be unbelievable. I'll say one thing, Kaboul has been impressing me. I thought he was really excellent tonight, both defending and moving the ball forward. He seems to be turning into a really excellent defender.
    spot on,Kaboul had a great game tonight,won a great tackle to set up Bale for the third goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

AUDERE EST FACERE
    SUPER SPURS
    YID ARMY

:D:D:D:D

According to Opta - http://twitter.com/optajoe - 47.5% of our attacks tonight came from the left side of midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

what a great night !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

back down to earth fairly lively , 3 points a must against bolton sat lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Jmcc001 wrote: »
    AUDERE EST FACERE
    SUPER SPURS
    YID ARMY

:D:D:D:D

+1
    coys

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Absolutely magic.

Very importantly, Inter now have to put a strong team out against Twente

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

probably my proudest night as a Spurs supporter

Not just beating the European champions But attacking them from the 1st whistle, classic Tottenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

a total team performance tonight ...not a weak link anywhere ...unfair to blame Hutton ...yes he got turned but this is the top striker in the world who scored ...
    rest assured ..Bale will go nowhere ..he is unassuming home boy ...quiet and shy and very modest ...did u hear him interviewed ...not an ounce of self praise ...
    back 4 all played well tonight ...Hutton and Benny have nailed the full back roles and Kaboul just gets better ...Tom was much better than the last few weeks ...JJ did a job when he came on ....

great atmophere again at the noisest ground in England ...COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

probably my proudest night as a Spurs supporter

Not just beating the European champions But attacking them from the 1st whistle, classic Tottenham.

My feelings exactly Shane. It is why we love this great club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Delighted!

Just so sh!t I didn't get to watch it.

COYS

Bale <3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I am 35, and a fan since I was old enough to watch footy, and tonight I feel the happiest I've ever felt. This year we are the real deal, CL and Prem may catch us out, but its the best Spurs team of my lifetime imo, and fcuk me if I don't enjoy this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

richardjjd wrote: »
    If I was to leave my wife for a man, it would have to be Gareth Bale.

If the wonders of science could combine the DNA of both Bale and VDV and impregnate me with it(I'm male, btw) I'd be set for life. Whilst waiting for science to catch up I'll be looking for a willing female in the mean time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Delighted!

Just so sh!t I didn't get to watch it.

COYS

Bale <3

+1

TV3 must be kicking themselves that they chose to show ManUre and their Thierry Henry wannabe.

Orgasms ain't as good as that final whistle! :)

COYS!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    +1

Orgasms ain't as good as that final whistle! :)

Ah here, relax will ye :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I joked about it in the soccer forum but this is really one of them nights that you'd be telling yer grandkids about.... amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Im not putting the scud on but... Could we get to the final of this? We were and are a match for anybody at WHL. Christ lord knows im wat watching spurs 25 yrs and theres sumthing very special bout this team. Also Jenas? Absolutley outstanding, i hope he takes confidence from this and shows the naysayers what hes all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Fantastic performance, Fantastic atmosphere ... glad i was there to witness it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

marty2002 wrote: »
    Also Jenas? Absolutley outstanding, i hope he takes confidence from this and shows the naysayers what hes all about.

Jaysus, i didnt think he did much at all, gave the ball away way to cheaply for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Jaysus, i didnt think he did much at all, gave the ball away may to cheaply for me.

jenas was good, not outstanding. but no one can actually be slated, it was a fantastic team performance and an amazing win

their goal was a great strike by eto but i have looked at it several times and im convinced if king or dawson was playing it wouldnt have gone in. eto turned inside hutton , its the CB's job then as last bastion of defense. gallas stood and looked at him, he was only a few feet from eto and let him shoot, then he threw his hands up in the air and blamed hutton

eto can turn most players so thats hutton off the hook but it was a relatively easy block for gallas or at least to throw out the leg. no way king would have stood there looking at him

when we get daws and king back we will be so much tighter at the back, it will make us even better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

What a win! Gareth Bale was fantastic again! Great performance and a brilliant game. Let the posts begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Funny soccer saturday like Italian version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Funny soccer saturday like Italian version

Everdead that is class. Laughing my head off.

I have a banging hangover here this morning but I could not care less. What a night. Greatest performance of all time (against quality opposition). I thought the game v Chelsea was special when we played out of our skins last season but last night Spurs took it to another level.
    Bae had a great game, Hutton was up and down all evening, Kaboul was a rock ( great distributor also) and even Gallas (who I wish we never signed) had a stormer. Crouchie won his fair share and scored, VDV was different class again last night - pity he went off injured.
    But in midfield we ran the show.
    Lennon was back to his best, Modric was superb, Hudd never put a foot wrong and Bale.............. words cannot describe his performance last night.
    Still smiling this morning thinking about the game.

Looking forward to reading the posts of the lucky few on here who made it over to WHL last night.

Advertisement