Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INTER HOME - Match Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

One thing levy will be delighted with is our football seems to be gaining plaudits from neutrals in Europe and should increase our stature and fan base and hopefully increased revenue and ability to attract top players will follow

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Just back in the office after flight back this morning. What a night, I will remember that for a long time. The ground was rocking, Shelf and Park Lane were in full voice pretty much all night. The aul ground was at its best. Great performance by the team, showed what we can do.

Real Glory, glory night like only WHL can do.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Lads, what can I say? This is the best hangover ever. Being in a pub in Valencia full of Spurs fans was brilliant, and I am delighted I went to watch the game there instead of streaming it in my bedroom alone!!

Does anybody know where I can get highlights with English commentary, and hopefully be able to hear the crowd also??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

one word for lastnight's match WOW im so chuffed with that performance. i dont thinks there's anymore words to discribe bale what a player he turned into in the last year absolutley stunning.big shout out for kaboul he was faultless lastnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Funny soccer saturday like Italian version
    brilliant post:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Hey lads, were there any stats on how far Bale ran throughout the match? When Lennon came off, he had done just over 10k so it's something I'd love to know!!

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Hey lads, were there any stats on how far Bale ran throughout the match? When Lennon came off, he had done just over 10k so it's something I'd love to know!!

He sprinted 1 mile don't know how much overall though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

When's the DVD coming out lads?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Rafa, "Your boys took one hell of a beating!"
    Delighted for him. What can you expect from a failed footballer and his negative tactics.
    I'm afraid "you're just a fat spanish waiter!":D
    What a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

just home from the match. the best atmosphere i have ever witnessed(that includes anfield on the anniversary of hillsborough and an old firm derby). it was immense. mullo summed it up well. the park lane n shelf never shut up. the place was hopping. total eruption when VDV scored.

fantastic performance by the lads. id say if brazil meet wales maicon will sh1t himself!!!

have to say fair play to BAE. only player to run to the spurs fans and throw his jersey in.

unbelievabe win. we played some very very nice football at times..

COME ON YOU SPURS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Wonder Bale ran 11.92k last night ( over 7 miles) and was full out for 1500metres of that ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Everyone is talking about Spurs for the right reasons again,It's great !!

keane=cock wrote: »

have to say fair play to BAE. only player to run to the spurs fans and throw his jersey in.

Benny said before that he is in it for the money but he gets really riled up and shows a lot of emotion when we score he also said he's giving 90% of his wages to African Charities. I love the guy also he like Bale always seems to have that little bit extra in the tank at the end of a match top athlete

I was just reading that when Cudicini saved Sneijder's free kick one of the subs started jumping up and down like we scored does anyone have a photo of this?
    Also Harry said having Keane there was great appearently he got the lads really pumped up for the game and was exstatic when the final whistle went dispite not playing great to see that in the team :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

Left Galway at 4.30am yesterday morning to fly from Shannon at 6am and I am just back home now from the 8.30pm Stansted flight now and I haven't stopped smiling since last night..

I was in the Shelfside and the ground was absolutely rocking for the whole match. It's something I will never forget for the rest of my life. Almost swung a massive bet too; I had £10 bet on Van der Vart to score first and Spurs to win 2-1 @ 50/1.. I didnt give a crap the bet didnt come in when we went 3-1 up at the end.

Absolutely massive thanks to pduff13 for sorting me out with the ticket. Paul you are a diamond mate. Every time I think of the game I still get goosebumps on my neck. Cant wait for the DVD!!

Come on you Spurs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

mickman wrote: »
    hutton is having a rotten game. way out of position time and time again. he must be the easiest right back to get past around

Nope, Maicon is!! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Nope, Maicon is!! ;-)

ha ha. good one, i was a bit harsh on old alan i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Tuesday night was a very special night at the Lane, one we'll be reminiscing about for years. I thought the atmosphere went a bit flat at the start of the 2nd half, as if we all felt that with Rafa gone off we were in trouble, but it picked up quick enough and got pretty close to the Glory Glory nights of old.

It's hard to find fault with any player with the exception of their goal, but the stars of the show for me were Bale, Modric, Kaboul, BAE, and Crouch. The last one might seem surprising but we should not underestimate the work he put in on the night, he harried the hell out of the Inter defence and keeper, and he difference when Pav came on was startling.

I also thought Cudicini had his best game for us, and Lennon had his best since returning from injury.

mickman wrote: »
    ha ha. good one, i was a bit harsh on old alan i suppose.
    Well he is known to be a bit shaky at times :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Tuesday night was a very special night at the Lane, one we'll be reminiscing about for years. I thought the atmosphere went a bit flat at the start of the 2nd half, as if we all felt that with Rafa gone off we were in trouble, but it picked up quick enough and got pretty close to the Glory Glory nights of old.

It's hard to find fault with any player with the exception of their goal, but the stars of the show for me were Bale, Modric, Kaboul, BAE, and Crouch. The last one might seem surprising but we should not underestimate the work he put in on the night, he harried the hell out of the Inter defence and keeper, and he difference when Pav came on was startling.

I also thought Cudicini had his best game for us, and Lennon had his best since returning from injury.

Agree 100% with all of that. A very special night indeed. As for Crouch he is very important in these games as the defenders aren't used to playing against someone of his "style". They'd prefer to be playing against someone like Pav.

PS Not a fan of Pavs but fairplay to him to him he made a great run to get on the end of Bales cross to get the 3rd goal.

• Advertisement

Good call out for Crouch. He worked hard and they didn't really know how to handle him.

Advertisement