If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon AV Receiver - Price Crash Boardie specials

Options
  • 29-10-2010 7:18pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Hot news here - we can pass on huge savings on two of the most popular Denon AV receivers with 2 popular speaker packages!

We have a limited number of the superb AVR1911
    picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6694
    which was £449.95 / €529.95 which we have partnered with the Yamaha NSP285 - this is a full 5.1 speaker pack with a proper dedicated centre speaker and a decent active subwoofer!
    picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=7717
    which is £169.95 / €199.95.

The normal total on this package is £619.90 / €729.99 ....However I can do a Boardie special at a particularly bonkers £449.95 / €529.99

Denon's previous AVR1910 was widely considered to be the best AV receiver in its class, with a What Hi-Fi, "Product of the Year" title to prove it. Improving upon this was never going to be easy but that's exactly what Denon have done with the AVR1911. Perhaps the most important new feature is the adoption of HDMI 1.4a sockets with 3D pass through ability. This means that you can now pass a 3D compatible Blu-ray player through to your 3D Ready TV. The latest spec HDMI sockets also offers an Audio Return Channel, negating the need for a separate audio cable from TV to receiver, and Auto Lipsync.

As before, the Denon AVR-1911 features Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio decoders and no fewer than four HDMI inputs. There's also an impressive 90 watts per channel. As you'd expect from one of the leading home cinema brands, the AVR-1911 is not just about features but quality, too. Independent power supplies, custom capacitors, short signal paths and a 32-bit floating point DSP all contribute to superb sound quality. Thanks to the Compressed Audio Restorer, even MP3 files can sound good through the Denon. Working in conjunction with this is another new feature. A front-mounted USB socket lets you connect and control an iPod or iPhone without the need for a separate dock. This high quality digital transfer improves the sound over many docks, in addition to being cost effective.

Yet it's not just the sound quality that can work wonders for your home cinema system. The AVR1911 can transform the picture quality, too. With a High bit i/p converter and scaler up to 1080p, this Denon AV receiver offers the very best picture quality from any source input.

Other great facilities in this feature-packed receiver include dock connectivity for iPod, Dolby ProLogic IIz, three quick select buttons and the option of bi-amping (5.1). Further new features for this latest Denon model include a newly developed remote control with Glo-Key and clear, Remote Setup Guidance. It might be at the forefront of home cinema design, but that doesn't make the AVR1911 difficult to use: quite the opposite in fact. Audyssey's MultEQ auto room set-up is one of the best in the business and gives precise set-up control in relation to the room's acoustics.

You can swap the speaker packs around if you like however the NSP285 actually works really well with the AVR1911 and makes an ideal starter pack for the AVR1911.

The second pack features the S E R I O U S Denon AVR2311 partnered with the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Pack - again the original retail price of these two unit was £1299.95 / €1499.99 -
    We are about to change that slightly on a Boardie special

You can now pick up the AVR2311 with the Vector 5.1 for just £829.95/ €969.99 - a 37% price drop from original UK Retail - and this is much less than most ROI dealers are asking for the AVR2311 on it's own!

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=7716

At the heart of the Denon AVR2311 lies an Audiophile quality amplifier with a substantial power output of 105 watts per channel. The power supply features a Quad Drive Rectifier in Parallel with 8 independent supplies. This enables it to handle higher current swings than the AVR1911 with the sonic upshot being greater clarity at high levels and a wider dynamic response. In short, this Denon AVR hits hard! As with other Denon AV receivers, the AVR2311 majors not only on power but on quality, too. Custom capacitors, short signal paths and a 32-bit floating point DSP all contribute to the superb sound quality. As What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision magazine went on to say about the sound quality the Denon has, "dynamic, hard-hitting and detailed sound".

In terms of processing, everything is present and correct and, like the AVR1911, this year's model comes with Dolby Pro-Logic IIz for an enhanced, spatial effect when watching TV. Perhaps the most important new feature is the adoption of HDMI 1.4a sockets with 3D pass through ability. This means that you can now pass a 3D compatible Blu-ray player through to your 3D Ready TV. The latest spec HDMI sockets also offers an Audio Return Channel, negating the need for a separate audio cable from TV to receiver, and Auto Lipsync.

Speaking of sockets, the AVR2311 has a useful amount extra over the AVR1911. This receiver features 6 HDMI sockets, a 7.1 RCA pre-output and additional component and composite inputs. Thanks to the Compressed Audio Restorer, even MP3 files can sound good through the Denon. Working in conjunction with this is another new feature. A front-mounted USB socket lets you connect and control an iPod or iPhone without the need for a separate dock. This high quality digital transfer improves the sound over many docks, in addition to being cost effective.

Despite a raft of extra Audyssey settings, assignable sockets and enhanced level control, the AVR2311 is actually easier to use than the AVR1911. Thanks to a GUI (Graphic User Interface), the onscreen display makes setting up every detail a breeze. On the unit itself, a twin line display replaces the single line for added information.

The Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 system is really excellent and is available in white, black or Walnut finish

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=7718

As above this HAS to be a limited offer - and it is exclusively for you Boardies - we will not offer these deals in store or online - It's a Boardie special.

If you are interested just drop us a line to sales@richersounds.ie or of course give us a call or post here and we will get back to you guys by return,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hi John,

Are you doing any deals on just the recievers themselves ??

THanks
    ALan

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Ditto, any deal on the Denon 1911, it's £384.95 (~€443) on the richersounds.com site...what's the best price you can do it for, delivered to Cork?

Thanks, another Alan

edit:

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Hi John,

Are you doing any deals on just the recievers themselves ??

THanks
    ALan

The best Boardie price I can do on the AVR1911 on it's own is £382.95 / €434.99.

Next day delivery countrywide is just £11.99 / €12.99 so the total would be just £393.99 or €447.98. (Just as an aside I see this Receiver is still €529 online in the ROI!!! :eek:)

Keep me posted if you would like us to set one aside for you or if we can assist in any way.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Hi John, can you put me down for the 1911 please!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hi John,

What price can you do the 2311 for on its own ?

Thanks
    ALan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi John,
    Me too interested in the Denon 2311 on its on.
    Could u pm us the price please? cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 brett1985

Have sent a PM regarding a quote for the 1911+ monitor audio vectors.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

peaceboi wrote: »
    Hi John,
    Me too interested in the Denon 2311 on its on.
    Could u pm us the price please? cheers

Guys apologies for the delay getting back to you with an AVR2311 quote / reduction.

We can do the AVR2311 at just £649.95 - a bit of a price crash from the original £799.95 :eek: (and to be honest I think it's still excellent value at the £799.95..).

Keep me posted if we can assist. (I have Boards limited access over the next few days but I'll do my best - but in the meantime please copy Richersounds Dave and he will get you sorted)

Keep the faith,

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 30 darken9

Could I pair the 1911 with the monitor speakers? If so what would the economic damage be?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

HI All.

The price on the AVR1911 with the vectors would cost £732.95 :D
    This would include free shipping. "LIMITED QUANTITY ONLY"

Hope this helps ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Hi Kenny,

Is this offer still available for the Denon 1911 and Vector speakers?

Also, was thinking of getting the Cambridge Audio DacMagic to add to my home cinema setup as I would be using it for my music on PC too. Is this the way to go or should I look at changing the speakers maybe?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Bucks.

Yes, that price still stands on that system.

The Dacmagic is a great little gadget, but it will only work if the PC has a digital output.

It's definately the way to go if you want to use the PC for music as the improvement over just plugging in a 3.5mm phono cable from the PC to the amplifier, is massive.

The simple answer to your question is yes, in fact anyone in boardieland who are looking to use their PC for tunes, should all have one.

I'll wait for the influx of orders..... :-)

Let me know if I can help with anything else or if you would like to order anything.

ATB

Dave

Hi Bucks.

Yes, that price still stands on that system.

The Dacmagic is a great little gadget, but it will only work if the PC has a digital output.

It's definately the way to go if you want to use the PC for music as the improvement over just plugging in a 3.5mm phono cable from the PC to the amplifier, is massive.

The simple answer to your question is yes, in fact anyone in boardieland who are looking to use their PC for tunes, should all have one.

I'll wait for the influx of orders..... :-)

Let me know if I can help with anything else or if you would like to order anything.

ATB

Dave

Hi dave,

Thanks for the reply. Couple of more questions. :D

Would the q acoustic 2000 speakers be better for both hifi and home cinema?

Also, I was very interested in the pioneer vsx920. Would this be an all round better option for hifi and movies or the denon?

If you can quote me for the pioneer and denon bundled with both speaker sets and the dacmagic I will make up my mind and order lol.

Oh and delivery to Limerick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Bucks.

Did you get my PM ?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry got no PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I am also interested in knowing what speakers are best for both HiFi and home cinema? Also what other speakers are recommended for this - not too expensive!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.