Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Exam timetables

Options
  • 29-10-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

hey guys any ideas when the timetable for exams comes out ...am i right in thinking its next week week 9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Week 9 is the provisional one. Official the following week.

I said it last week!

You don't pay enough attention to me... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ClearlyClear

i do pay attention i wanted to get it confirmed by more than one person as its important !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Drop

Would there be much difference between the provisional and the final one usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The Drop wrote: »
    Would there be much difference between the provisional and the final one usually?

Sometimes.

It depends on the modules, how big the crowd is and all that.

A smaller class would be easier to move around than a bigger one, like a Business module.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Drop

Ok thanks Busi girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

if you see the provisional timetable and want to move a module here's how to go about it:

1) talk to your class rep (he/she should have recieved an email explaining the procedure)

2) the class rep organises a meeting with the students of the module to vote on whether they move the module or not

3) If the class votes to move the exam, the class rep emails the lecturer

4) the lecture emails SAA

There's a deadline (End of week 9 i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

More importantly, does anyone know what date the Christmas days are on this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Week 12 I'd say at this stage; if it was Week 11 the tickets would be on sale at now or it would be advertised at least.

Complete pot of piss imo; it's always been Week 11. :mad:

Extra madness cos I won't be able to go

They usually start the 1st Monday/Tuesday of December.

So I'd say the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

They usually start the 1st Monday/Tuesday of December.

So I'd say the 6th.

I'd agree, 'cept the whole exam week falling the same week thing might be an issue :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

The timetables for the exams are up, well 5/6 of mine are up anyway.
    http://www.timetable.ul.ie/examtimetable.htm

Monday 6th Dec. - Financial Info. Analysis 4pm.
    Wednesday 8th Dec. - International Management - 12.30

Saturday 18th Dec. - Marketing Intelligence - 4pm.

Evil. Just evil. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oldspice

Im a first year BBS student and im just wondering do you have to pass all your moudles or can you fail one? Because im touch and go with one module.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

This isn't the thread to be asking that question. Ask the education officer in her thread or read through previous question that might answer your question. Link below;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055767345&page=15

Quick answer. You don't need to pass every module. Your average QCA must be above 2.0 in order to progress but if you failed one/two modules and your average QCA for the semester was below 2.0 then you would have to repeat both modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oldspice

sorry for my lack of knowledge what does QCA mean? sorry.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Your QCA is your average grade (out of a total of 4.0). There's a formula for working it out based on your results and the weighting of the module. The higher your QCA is the better your degree is:
    http://www.ulsu.ie/officers/education/frequently-asked-questions#qca

You have to pass all modules to progress to the next year. Normally that's a C3 or higher but a D is consider a compensating fail. That means that if you're QCA is above 2.0 its counted as a pass.

Advertisement