Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's Music Quiz

Options
  • 29-10-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Devilishly hard, let's see how many you can get.

http://blogupnorth.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/huns-80s-intro-quiz/

A whopping 5 here.

Mod Edit: It's probably a bit late at this stage but it would be great if people could use spoiler tags spoiler.gif rather than blindly posting the answers for people to read.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Ultravox - Dancing with tears in my eyes
    Paula Abdul - Straight up
    Heaven 17 - Come live with me
    Culture club - Time
    Assembly - Never never
    ?
    Baltimora - Tarzan boy
    ?
    Hue and cry - Labour of love
    Billy Idol - Rebel yell
    Fun boy three - Our lips are sealed
    Jane Wiedlin - Rush hour
    Sydney Youngblood - If only I could
    John Waite - Missing you
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Cole

6. Erasure - Stop!:o
    15. Belinda Carlisle - Leave a light on

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

8. Body Rock (?)
    by a female artist whose name I cannot think of for the life of me !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Cole

LadyW wrote: »
    8. Body Rock (?) by a female artist whose name I cannot think of for the life of me !

I remember the song now but not the singer....God bless youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Nice one Cole.. Good ol' youtube eh? Not a bad song actually.. well in an eighties one hit wonder kinda way :D

Anyone got any more 80's music quizzes??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Couldn't get two...Heaven 17 and The Assembly......hmmm, I'm slipping up. Cool little quiz though, any more like that around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Too easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Got 13 out of 15 and knew the act that did number 5 but not the name of the song. Had an idea of the act for 2 also. It's not horrendously hard - some very easy ones in there - but a few tricky ones.
    I think it's moreso a test of who remembers the 80s than who knows their 80s pop. :pac:
    E.g. if you remember 1985 quite well, you'll remember Body Rock - it slipped off the radar quickly but was huge when it was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just in case anyone doesn't read the first post: It's probably a bit late at this stage but it would be great if people could use spoiler tags spoiler.gif rather than blindly posting the answers for people to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 him up north

Hi guys, I'm Him Up North, the blogger who devised this quiz. Hope you had some fun. Thanks to the OP for posting the link. Feel free to read the rest of my stuff on The Blog Up North. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

theres no other 80's music in here all just the cheesy stuff :P what about the normal , yazoo , human league , john foxx , new order etc ?? hahaha

Advertisement