Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Accomodation

• 29-10-2010 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Feel free to do with this thread what you wish!

But when do leaving cert students book their college accomodation in many major cities such as Cork or Dublin, as all current students seem to need to have their forms filled out by January or Feburary for the next academic year.

If you were also to book before the leaving cert results are out what would happen in the event of not receiving you're desired results ,but already booking accomodation.

I know it is very early in the year for this type of talk, but I just want to get all this stuff sorted out as early as possible to concentrate on what's important!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

In UCD this year, incoming first years registered online sometime in June I think and were allocated a place in the queue for about 700 places reserved for new students. Then when it came to booking after the CAO results in August, places were allocated based on that queue. By July there were about 2,000 in the queue so watch out for that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

NUI Maynooth

Places on campus are offered randomly.
    40% of all places are reserved for first year students (345 places). Students who receive 500 points in the Leaving Cert and who apply for campus are automatically allocated a place. The usual rent applies. All other first year places are allocated randomly, with the exception of places allocated to students who have very specific mobility issues or who are wheelchair users and who require accessible accommodation. Some places may also be allocated to Sports Scholars.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

In UCD this year, incoming first years registered online sometime in June I think and were allocated a place in the queue for about 700 places reserved for new students. Then when it came to booking after the CAO results in August, places were allocated based on that queue. By July there were about 2,000 in the queue so watch out for that anyway.

Thanks this makes sense,I suppose all colleges would have similar systems to this thanks for clearing up this someway , much appreciated for te quick reply!

Advertisement